cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Have not received unlock code

pedrohaggis
Investigator
Investigator

Last week while still with EE I contacted them via chat to try an unlock my EE phone.  I was advised this request would be sent to the unlock team and I would receive an email with 72 hrs.  The 72 hrs have passed without any sign of an unlock email and my number has been moved to my new provider and MyEE shows my account as closed.  What is the best way for me to get the unlock code for my Samsung Galaxy A20e?

4 REPLIES 4
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

If the device had been on your contract for at least 6 months, even if that contract has now been cancelled, you can just apply using the Unlocking your device form as the Pay Monthly option and giving the mobile number that it originally came with.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The phone has been on EE pay monthly contract for 2 years.  I have already tried the unlock your device page but it does not recognise the EMEI or the phone number hence why I ended up chatting to EE and them advising it would have to be referred to unlock team. I now have no way to track / check up on the unlock code progress.

Unfortunately still no unlock code yet, after at least 10 business days. What now? 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @pedrohaggis

I'd recommend getting back in touch with our Mobile Care team so they can look into this request for you.

Let us know what happens.

Chris