cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung s20 ultra order

Mike197928
Explorer

I upgraded my phone on the 5th march in a we store for a pre order Samsung s20 ultra and have heard nothing at all since. My current phone battery is failing rapidly.

i know there is a pandemic going on but what’s annoying me is why haven’t I heard anything at all about my order

2,739 REPLIES 2,739
77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Mine was on preorder from the 15/02 before I decided to downgrade to the 128gb. In the end, it saves a lot of frustration if you can do with a SD card instead of main storage.

The memory loss (16Gb>12Gb) shouldn't have a significant impact for most of us.

Now, I must say, I moved from Three to EE for the 5G which was supposed to be there by the end of last year but probably won't be here before next winter (and one I travelled through London quickly (Victoria), the phone stayed in 4G the whole time.

As for the S20 Ultra, I like it but if I compare to the OnePlus 7 Pro 5G, I feel like OnePlus just needs to up their camera hardware/software to become a serious concurrent with Samsung, Apple and Huawei. Oxygen OS is brillant, the OP phones have an excellent finish, good specs, are cheaper... and use only Snapdragon.

But it the same time, having Bixby back on a phone is usefull for handfree use and commands. 🙂

Staffie85
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Great help for anyone that doesn't know what Micro SD card to look for @Dave1458 

@77cats didn't you have any problems with not receiving firmware updates for several months on your OnePlus 7 Pro 5G?

Because I did, and didn't receive Android 10 till months after my Samsung and even Huawei and LG had already received it.

Not the service I expect from OnePlus.

As for the 5G, did you use the new SIM card that came with the phone, if you didn't use a new SIM card, when you got your 7 Pro 5G?

And is 5G enabled in your network settings?

Because my 5G didn't work till I used the new SIM card provided but once all that was done, had no problem getting 5G on my 5G devices, in 5G area's

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Yes, it was annoying that the 7 pro 5G had delayed updates compared to the 7 Pro but it's always like this when going through a carrier. In the end, it was a good phone and I just stopped caring for the updates. Android 10 arrived after my preorder of the S20 Ultra. 😅

Now, to tell the truth, the only real bad thing with OP (for me) is that their updates sometimes butcher the battery optimisation. The last one did that and instead of of my usual 30% left at the end of the day, I had to be careful with my usage. Screen time went from 6+ hours to 4 hours or less (90Hz QHD). 

I had the 7 Pro 5G with a new sim card (5G) as I was moving back to EE from Three; the mobile networks settings were correctly set, by default. If it wasn't for the isolation, I'd go to Bristol to test it S20 Ultra in 5G (I'm in Bournemouth). 😉 

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Little question: have any of you went past your local EE shop? 

I did so seconds ago and although it's closed, it's still fully manned. They're sat looking at their phones, looking bored.

Dave1458
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@77cats probably been doing deep clean, staff training and did the audit before the phone's got sent back to HQ, must be running out of things to do by now though 🤔

77cats
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

You're probably right. Many thought it would only last three weeks.

@77cats wrote:

Little question: have any of you went past your local EE shop? 

I did so seconds ago and although it's closed, it's still fully manned. They're sat looking at their phones, looking bored.

They have asked some store staff to go in to act as Customer Service agents. They are probably waiting on calls to come through.

They asked them to go in store as they'll be accessing people accounts so if they did this from home EE couldn't control who saw the information for GDPR purposes.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @77cats

The shops aren’t open to the public and Government advice is for people to continue going to work if they cannot work from home.

Our colleagues are offering important customer advice using in-store systems.

This is directly supporting our contact centre staff, who are identified as key workers by the Government.

Our highest priority is the safety of our people and we’ve increased cleaning in our retail premises as well as implemented social distancing.

Thanks 🙂

Leanne.

RE4PER
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Leanne_T can you explain to us please why the Galaxy s20 ultra 512gb is back on site saying out of stock??? Dont you think instead of causing more issues for yourself by selling more of the devices the company would be better solving the issues it's already in with the thousands upon thousands that still havent recieved their devices since launch?? Makes absolutely no sense.... dont you think as a company you should stop taking money from more customers when you cant fulfill the orders and promises that have been given to the customers you already have. It just infuriates more people......

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RE4PER

We've asked for the website to be checked and make sure the correct stock levels are showing.

All orders are subject to stock from the manufacturer and we're working with them to ensure we can fulfil orders as quickly as possible.

Chris