cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung galaxy fold dispatch

Khalid330
Visitor

I have confirmed an order for samsung galaxy fold but i don't how long it will take to dispatch ? 

48 REPLIES 48

Chris - Appreciate you are trying to be helpful but your information updates, in my case anyway, are just irritating as they miss the point. I ordered my Fold on the 18th over the phone and was told definitively that I would receive it on the 27th. I accept this may still happen. However, I have not received a confirmation email yet, let alone a text to confirm delivery. The delay is frustrating but its the potential miss selling which is the cause for righteous indignation.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

OK, thanks @ILLBQUICK

Delivery timescales should be given as an estimate.

I'd like to get some more information from you to with regard to the initial discussion that you had with our Sales team.

I've sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me.

Thanks

Chris

mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Quick update(ish). 

Received a txt from EE today apologising for the delay in my order and they are waiting on stock from the supplier. It also has a link to track my order but it just says "sorry something went wrong"

Still not received anything with my order number on though so not quite sure how i will track it.

All we can do now is wait until the 2nd, maybe we get some updates maybe we wont. Have zero confidence it will arrive by then but hope i am proven wrong. 

Phantomrad79
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I am happy to hear that they have got in contact with your good self. Unfortunately I have still not heard a thing, you would think they would just send the message to everyone waiting.

Really hope you get it tomorrow as informed.🤞

Let me know if it arrives👍

Hi mrb23

I can confirm i have now had a text from DPD and should have delivery tomorrow!   So units are now shipping.   How many have been shipped or how many they have in stock at the moment is anyone's guess but i know i placed my order early on the launch day.

I must admit though whether it's the fault of EE or Samsung the launch has been a big disaster.   You would have thought after the initial launch was so bad that they would have done everything possible to make sure the 2nd launch was perfect.  Unfortunately it's far from it with lack of stock, information or any idea what's going on.  In reality Samsung and EE should have advertised it was Pre-Order from the 18th with delivery expected within 14 days then people wouldn't be so frustrated as no one would have complained if they would have received their pre-order within 7 days. 

Yet by offering it as launched and available, ready for delivery etc... and then not communicated properly with those that have taken the chance to order it leaving them in the dark it has just annoyed and frustrated those very people who have taken the big risk on the most expensive phone to ever be released in the UK.

Not really the premium service suggested for the premium device!

Hopefully it's just teething troubles with logistics.  I'm still so excited to receive it and probably wont sleep well tonight waiting for it (christmas has come early!) but i do think the lack of information and the way the launch has been handled could have been done so much better on all sides.

Just got my text!

Happy now, and that's all it took.

Why they couldn't just keep us a little more updated I don't know.

Let's hope it's all down hill from now on.

Yes mrb23, Christmas has come early and who knew Santa worked for dpd.😂

mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Great news mate. 

I don't think i will receive mine tomorrow as the text said sorry about the delay and they will keep me updated. Not received one to say its with DPD yet 😞 

My active watch 2 is arriving tomorrow via DPD so maybe they will arrive together which would be perfect. 

There is still hope. fingers crossed..

Phantomrad79
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Sorry I thought you had wrote that message about delivery tomorrow. 

Hopefully you will get an text today,  fingers crossed. 

At least stock seems to being leaving and you will not have to wait long now.

Really excited about phone but still annoyed abit with the lack of ee communication with its customers.

They are probably really busy selling the iPhone Super Duper Special MaX Pro Elite 11😂 to the masses.

So having ordered on the 18th over the phone, I was categorically promised delivery on the 27th by the EE upgrade sales rep. There could have been no misunderstanding as at the time I was due to be away for a week from the 28th.

I have not received the DPD text saying there will be a delivery tomorrow.

Q. Is there any chance that it will be delivered tomorrow or would I have received a text confirming it by now? - need to know whether to stay in or not.

Q. Assuming it won't come tomorrow, when I do eventually get a text, will it give me the option to choose a date/time?... If not, am I supposed to change all my plans to fit in with EE delivery?

I have to say, shocking that I am in this predicament, regardless of the fact that this is such an expensive outlay. What other major service provider holds their customers hostage to their own schedule, whilst offering zero assistance to the 'customer'?

Disgraceful!

...I would add that Christopher from the Community Support Team (who posted earlier in the thread) did kindly private message me asking for more details and stating that he would get a rep to call me to discuss my situation. That was kind and restored some faith in the process.

However, the fact that no one ended up calling, actually makes it that much bit worse.