cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung galaxy fold dispatch

Khalid330
Visitor

I have confirmed an order for samsung galaxy fold but i don't how long it will take to dispatch ? 

48 REPLIES 48
mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Be great if you could tag me in the post, i would feel better knowing that people are receiving them. From what i have seen and been told by EE, nobody has received it. 

There are quite a few threads by people like myself who have not received it. So i know it is not just me that has not received it. Might be worth reading the whole thread...

So i guess you don't work for EE or have ordered this phone? Thanks for your input though! 

Have spoken to EE management at store level, they checked for stock across the whole country for me, there is 0 stock in any store. The guy I spoke to told me he had not even seen one yet. He also told me from what he could tell they have only recieved 50 so far in total,  whether that is true or not I don't know. Looks like we are going to have to wait and that's the end of it. 

Don't mind the waiting as long as I am kept on the loop. 

This has been a bad experience for others and myself, due to the lack of information and bad customer service I think we should be compensated in some way. 

USA pre orders that were cancelled or messed about recieved a $250 Samsung voucher to use anywhere on the Samsung website. 

Not that I expect that but a gesture would go a long way.

Hope everyone gets there Fold soon, fingers crossed.

mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Well said. Its not so much the waiting its the not knowing. 

I agree, some sort of gesture would go a long way. 

@mrb23 wrote:

Be great if you could tag me in the post, i would feel better knowing that people are receiving them. From what i have seen and been told by EE, nobody has received it. 

There are quite a few threads by people like myself who have not received it. So i know it is not just me that has not received it. Might be worth reading the whole thread...

So i guess you don't work for EE or have ordered this phone? Thanks for your input though! 

You know there is a search bar for the forum but seeing as I am in a good mood here is the link

https://community.ee.co.uk/t5/My-orders/Galaxy-Fold-ordered/m-p/814047/highlight/true#M8075  JT mentions he had his text for delivery

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Why do you want a good will gesture? You have ordered a phone that has limited supply.

The pre -orders in USA that had gestures weren;t becaus eof this it was because they pre-ordered for when the phone was meant to be released and they got cancelled due to the major issue. It has nothing to do with them having to wait for it to be delivered.

Because we have bought a £2000 fold not a galaxy S10+. 🙂

If you have read the messages you would have noticed we are talking about the complete lack of communication not the wait.

Thanks for your input.

You are not entitled to compensation because you chose a phone £600 more than mine.

In my eyes that means you got enough money so you dont need to compensation.

Lol.

The phone is being marketed as an exclusive, luxury product with service to match - Samsung have been talking up the Concierge and the 'Premier Service' that they are offering. Unfortunately they've not got off to a great start, clearly the figures they had for either the estimated demand, supply or both were way out. But if it had been, for examples pre orders on the 18th and a release on the 27th (or the 2nd, which is when mine is due apparently) nobody would be anywhere near as annoyed. The fact both companies came out all guns blazing saying it's available in stores and online on the 18th, when people in both companies must have known they couldn't possibly get more than 50 units by that date, it's a really bad decision to go ahead and try to sell this super hyped and publicised revolutionary phone when 95% of customers won't be getting one for at least 2 weeks.

Overpromising and underdelivering (quite literally in this case) is pretty much a guaranteed way of turning off some of your most valuable customers. Whichever entity is ultimately responsible for the lack of stock, the end result for me and many others on these forums has been a less than satisfactory experience - particularly having ordered on the 18th with an estimated 7 day delivery time and have had zero communication since, not even an email or an order number, it was only after ringing up that I found out about the additional delay. I think its fair enough to expect better. Can't fault your contributions to this site Brendon, you seem to be everywhere, maybe more active than the actual EE staff😂 but just my opinion you do seem pretty defensive over this situation which any way you look at it could have been handled better. 50 phones across the whole country and they opened up online orders, madness

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi everyone. 🙂

As mentioned earlier in the thread:

Samsung has indicated that there will be limited availability of the device in the UK at launch. As a result, all orders received will be fulfilled on a first come first serve basis until stock is more widely available.

DPD will be in contact with you when the phones are ready to deliver.

I appreciate you're all excited to receive your Samsung Galaxy Fold phones and we're looking forward to you receiving them too. 🙂

Thanks again for your patience.

Chris