cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Unable to unlock old EE phone

PennyL
Visitor

I've tried unlocking my old Samsung Galaxy A20E but when putting in the IMEI no. it identifies the phone but shows an yellow exclamation mark and no image of the phone. 

I've tried unlocking my new phone, Samsung A22, and it worked perfectly. IMEI input and showed a green tick saying it was unlocked + image of the actual phone. 

The old phone was purchased in an EE store so I can only assume was registered to EE (I hope!) and has only recently been unused from contract as I've upgraded. 

The only strange thing I've found is it gave me 2 IMEI no.s. I have tried both but the IMEI 2 no. comes up as unavailable. 

Not sure what the yellow exclamation mark means? I've checked preferences on my Chrome incase I've missed something - nothing blocked. I've also tried putting my EE sim in the phone incase it needed the connection to unlock but no luck. 

1 REPLY 1
David
Brilliant Contributor
Brilliant Contributor

Hi @PennyL 

Welcome to the EE Community,

If you call customer services on 150 they will be able to assist you with unlocking your old device.

Thanks

David.