cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

When is EE going to allow us to assign names to phone numbers within the webapp

DataKnight
Investigator
Investigator

Having moved to EE  from Vodafone I am unable to find out if it's possible to assign names to phone numbers through the web interface so that billing invoices are easier to understand.

Our Vodafone business account has the option to assign names to numbers. Just makes life easier looking for a user on the account.

Thanks

DK

3 REPLIES 3
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @DataKnight 

I can't answer for what EE's plans are for the online self-serve methods, but you can certainly do this using the Android & iOS app - if that's any consolation.

It's been a while since I used the online bill viewer for this purpose, but I seem to recall that even when the PDF version gave numbers rather than names (by design, I suspect), the "online" views sometimes did give the option you're looking for.

Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@DataKnight  You need to allow the my EE app to have access to your contacts in your phone.  The name has to come from somewhere so it can replace the number with the name.  

As the account administrator I dont have a company phone or the need for an EE sim and therefore not the app so it's not of any real use.

I'll just have to go with the numbers.

I would have thought quite often that an EE small business account admininstrator is likely to be the  office mananger / book keeper and therefore would not be working off of a phone to administer the account. The web interface is where it all happens for people like me. 

Maybe one day....