cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung galaxy fold dispatch

Khalid330
Visitor

I have confirmed an order for samsung galaxy fold but i don't how long it will take to dispatch ? 

48 REPLIES 48
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @mrb23

Did you receive a confirmation email? if yes, this should contain your order number which would allow you to track your order via our online tracker

Katie 🙂

mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Katie_B 

Thank you for your reply. As mentioned in the thread i have NOT received an email confirmation therefore cannot track my order. 

Spoken to EE several times about this to be told a different excuse, but to be assured my order is being processed and all i can do is wait!

Frustrating thing for me as i am sure with a lot of other people is that we have ordered the most expensive handset you can get and we don't know whats happening. I think the service and the organisation of these deliveries is not the standard we would expect. 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @mrb23.

My apologies for not seeing that. 

I have sent you a private message, please take a look and get back to me. 

Katie 🙂

Phantomrad79
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I totally agree, it is not acceptable behaviour. Have been a EE customer for years and have spent a fortune on the latest tech, really shocked by the lack of communication for the money I am spending.

Spoke to customer service this morning, I am now being told it is a 14 day wait from day of order, as it is on a first come first serve basis. ( They also said " well you can always cancel the order" which made me feel really valued as a customer)

The Fold was opened to order from 8am on the 18th, I called immediately and placed my order, I was told it would be a few days wait which I excepted. 

If it's on a first come first serve basis how am I so low down the que to have to wait 14days, when I had finished my order by 8:30am.

It would seem to me people who can pull strings are jumping the que.

I am so shocked by the lack of customer service, I am seriously considering just paying of all my contracts and going else where for a sim and just buying one direct from samsung.:(

mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Phantomrad79 I feel your pain. I think EE should have handled this a lot better, they have had enough time to prepare! 

i have 4 active lines and like yourself always like to keep up with latest tech, i am on an anytime upgrade and recently got the Note 10 so i had to pay £200 to switch to the Fold. The money was of course taken immediately however still no update on the Fold! The customer service has generally been ok from my experience but this is just a shambles. 

The fold goes live in America on Friday so we will soon see all the videos of people collecting their new devices meanwhile we will still be waiting on ours even though we had it over a week earlier in UK. I also put in my order same day as you so this queue they refer to i don't think exists. My local stores didn't even have any demos so maybe the only UK stock Samsung are keeping for themselves! At least for a while. 

You can't blame EE for not receiving enough stock.

They can't send you something you dont have.

It doesn't matter how many lines you have all customers are treated the same.

Only 13 stores in UK have demos. And they are all Samsung stores.

I played with one in Samsung Cardiff.

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below
mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

I don't think the blame is about EE having enough stock its about if they even had the stock in the first place. It is about people being left in the dark when ordering a phone like the fold. People are excited to test it out. Have you also ordered it? 

If Samsung are not prepared to offer EE the stock or EE cant provide the stock then they should update customers and tell the truth. Because like people have mentioned they ordered the minute it was available and still no update. EE won the contract to be the first carrier of the Fold in the UK so surely as part of this agreement there should have been stock levels agreed and a delivery plan put in place rather than "thanks for your money, we don't know when you will get your phone but you'll get a text about it at some point".

I have been to Samsung Trafford Center to have a look which is why i am keeping my order active. 

As i also mentioned my experience with EE customer service has generally been ok hence why i have been with them so long. The point i am making is that EE should provide better customer service / delivery updates for consumers especially for a phone at this level.  

EE will be the only network this phone is limited

Only South Korea USA UK and now maybe India will have this device.

Only a certain amount will ever be manufactured. 

EE doesnt receive stock until the day of release this happens to every device.

So of EE has ordered 100,000 they may had only received half that.

Its first come first serve basis so it doesnt mean you'll get it on launch day.

This is an exclusive device and yes it isnt cheap but it isnt a device that can be made like every other device.

Samsung is slowing things down. 

The same will happen in the US. They will have shortages.

mrb23
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Thanks for the reply.

Do you work for EE? 

So if they receive the stock on the day of the release then in this case it would have been the 18th? When i placed my order (18th) i was told hardly any had been ordered (in fact i was one of the first) and it would be with me in 7 days. Still strange considering they receive stock they day it releases, correct? 

My guess is that they never had stock and Samsung wanted to see how many orders they receive then they will ship them to EE and then EE will ship to customers hence why none of us have received delivery updates and been told to wait for 14 days. 

Regards to first come first serve, i think the only people who got the phone on launch day (18th) are the people who got it directly from Samsung. They should have opened it up for pre orders on 18th with a launch date of say 27th. Or opened it up for pre orders earlier than the 18th. Either way it would have been a far better customer experience and people know when they are receiving their devices. 

If Apple ever release a fold-able phone i bet you get it when your supposed to.

Whether it is EE or Samsung the service isn't as to be expected when ordering a phone of this calibre. Samsung describe it as a luxury device, shame they don't provide the luxury service. 

There has been people from EE that has it. I have read on here that someone has received it 

Because you havent got it doesnt mean no one else has.