cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Samsung A21s jammed by new app & won't reset

billthomaspoet
Investigator
Investigator

Hi, folks. I recently downloaded a new app to my Samsung A21s which has completely crashed it (screen's gone blank, no activity's possible in or out) . Following the advice on here & on YouTube, I've tried to hard reset it, but, however long I hold the power & volume buttons there's just a quick flash of light at the bottom left of the screen & then back to total blackness. My local EE store is closed, so I'm hoping to find the solution on here! Many thanks in advance, Bill

6 REPLIES 6
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @billthomaspoet.

Welcome to the community.

We'd usually recommend doing the same thing: restoring back to factory settings.

I'd suggest in this case speaking to our Tech Gurus or Samsung directly.

Chris

Northerner
Grand Master
Grand Master

Hi @billthomaspoet 

What app did you download?

No app would damamge the rom so you should be able to boot into recovery and factory reset.

Thanks,

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Thanks, Northerner. It was the Bearcards app, designed to track one's collection of the cards that come free with Bear brand of baked fruit rolls. I'm getting no joy from holding down the various combinations of buttons that are suggested on YouTube to reset the phone, so have booked a tech call for my day off next week (Friday, sadly). I'll keep the community posted.

Thanks, Chris, for the reply. I've booked a tech phone call (on the landline!) for my next day off (Friday, unfortunately), to seeif they can suggest a combination of buttons to hold that will make it bring up the reset menu. I'll keep y'all posted!

Are you able to get to DOWNLOAD MODE; holding volume down and power - should take you to a blue-isj looking screen - you'll be able to re-flash the rom for the phone

Download Samsung Galaxy A21s SM-A217F EVR United Kingdom (EE) firmware (sammobile.com)

You'll have to use the ODIN software for this

@billthomaspoet 

You've definitely got some power in the battery? Try charging it for 1 hour and trying again,

Thanks

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.