cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Same Apps have stopped working on two phones at the same time

northernsoul
Investigator
Investigator

Some of my apps have stopped working at the same time,  so far Email, Google and amazon have stopped, when I try to open them I get a box at bottom of the screen saying email keeps stopping, app info, close app, send feedback, is it a problem with my phone or a network issue,  my wife's phone started  doing the same thing at the same time, it happened last night, have tried turning off phones and restarting a few times but still not working, any help would be appreciated

many thanks

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SOLUTION

TRY THIS IT WORKED FOR ME

you should try to check the Play Store and update the Android System WebView app (version 89.0.04389.105).

View solution in original post

45 REPLIES 45
Sarah-31
Visitor

My phone is the same since late last night its driving me mad, can't even read my emails

Shan211
Explorer

Hey mine phone started last night and has done the same thing. I'm stuck on what to do. I hope they reply soon because it seems to be the important apps not working.

Hope you get some answers 

Shan211
Explorer

It's not just we customers either family on vodaphone has done it as well so not sure if networks are done. Not a clue needs to solved asap. 

I thought it was just mine doing this. Mine just close after a few seconds of been open. 

wardi
Star Contributor
Star Contributor

If this was a widespread problem loads of users would be joining in I guess.  What I normally do when an app starts misbehaving is to uninstall it completely.  Then re-install it and see if that solves the problem.   Bear in mind that if you uninstall your email app you will have to log in again once it is re-installed.

Kirst42
Explorer

Same with some of mine. MSN, Internet and banking so far. Very frustrating 

re installing does not cure problem, worked once the reverts to the same problem, EE says it is not a network issue, and to contact the app company's, 

Patrick1777
Investigator
Investigator

Mine started doing this late last night . Had been fine up till I went to bed around 10.30pm I like to use 'Freda' App to read a book on my Samsung Galaxy 10 but App kept closing same with email and most of my other Apps. Same message as others have.

Went into Apps and cleared cache from Google Play Store and then 'Freda'. This seemed to sort the problem but then this morning same thing happening all over again. Wife has same phone but had no problems so far. 

Lolla85
Investigator
Investigator

Mines is the same too! Tried turning off and on but nothing!