cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Same Apps have stopped working on two phones at the same time

northernsoul
Investigator
Investigator

Some of my apps have stopped working at the same time,  so far Email, Google and amazon have stopped, when I try to open them I get a box at bottom of the screen saying email keeps stopping, app info, close app, send feedback, is it a problem with my phone or a network issue,  my wife's phone started  doing the same thing at the same time, it happened last night, have tried turning off phones and restarting a few times but still not working, any help would be appreciated

many thanks

45 REPLIES 45

I am also having trould several App not Launching???? 

SOLUTION

TRY THIS IT WORKED FOR ME

you should try to check the Play Store and update the Android System WebView app (version 89.0.04389.105).

Kirst42
Explorer

Not sure how many other people are affected by this Android phone bug but thought I'd share.

If, as of yesterday, apps like Google, GMail and some banking apps have started to crash on your phone, it's due to a problem with an app called Android System Webview.

Google are working on a fix but for now, go to Google Play store on your phone and search for Android System Webview, choose the one that says "update" and then select "uninstall". This will just remove the updates and all your apps will work again.

Thank you. This worked for me x 

x88belinda
Investigator
Investigator

I am having the same issue !! Also with Halifax app, tiktok, amazon, outlook emails and Google. Nightmare I can't pay my credit card off while this isn't working !

Thank you @WOZ140 this worked for me

x88belinda
Investigator
Investigator

Go to Google play store and update android system Web view app and it fixes everything! 

Poppy31
Visitor

I have been trying to sort this since yesturday evening. My apps will not open I have reinstalled them and lost stuff now. I have done everything they say to do. I have just been told to ring 150 to be told call later or tomorrow. Great help. My phone when I try to open any app brings up this white box to say uninstall. Also when I clean phone up it comes up with the battery in red then asks me to put apps to sleep. I am also receiving messages that have a different name on them. Any help!!!

I'm having the same problem. Can't use my email, Google and quite a few other apps. I've had to use my tablet for this as Google not working. Started last night. I've done the same as you.  Don't know what else to try. 

I'm having the same problems with 4 apps on my phone including Google. Can someone please help me to sort this problem out 

Katy