cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

SIM card won’t activate

PMDS101
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I have read all related existing discussions on this topic. It’s been over 24 hours and my sim hasn’t activated.

Yes -  I have done all the troubleshooting suggested. 

I see that I can arrange for a call or book an appointment in store - neither of which for obvious reasons are possible. 

I’ve been on MYEE and I can’t see any chat facility on here to get some additional support. (Which would be helpful when have no signal). I have tried reaching out via Twitter but get auto message saying go to MYEE as they are busy or to got to the EE community. 

This is what I’ve done! Help! 
It is a long time to go without phone access especially in the current climate. 

33 REPLIES 33

Arrived today. Activated through website. 2 second job and very happy!

Thanks for everybody's help.

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @brizo1

Take care, 

Katie 🙂

This morning I obtained a replacement SIM from Local EE shop. By the time I got home I noticed my phone no longer had a signal. I put the new SIM in my new phone guess what, no signal either. Followed the steps to activate the new SIM, guess what old phone couldn't receive the text with the PIN needed to complete the activation process.

Tried again using my partner phone number to get the PIN, that sort of worked but the website said something has gone wrong and to try again.

Calling 150 is not an option as I am deaf, will someone working at EE reading this please get my phone activated otherwise I shall simply move my number to GiffGaff.

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @grumpy8.

Have you tried getting in touch with our live chat team?

They will be able to help you to get this registered.

Jon