cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Help Activate a new SIM car

micafe
Explorer

I have received today the replacement SIM card I did order as I have lost my previos one. 

I was following the steps to activate it, but you request me to call 150! How I am supposed to do that since the sim card does not work until is active? I do not have landline and I am living in UK abroad from family.

I've been trying to find a way to chat live with EE customer support, but the "start conversation" button does not appear even thought it says we are open until 10.30pm. Still no luck. I would be grateful if someone one could help me with this

best regards

3 REPLIES 3
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @micafe,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Have you tried using the SIM? Lost or stolen replacements should be pre-activated.

James

Hello James,

The sim was not pre-activated. This morning I was able to call EE support from a friends phone and resolve it. 

I hope EE can improve the way costumers can contact the company without the need to ask other people a favour. EE costumer service is poor, you need a proper live chat option..

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @micafe,

I'm sorry to hear your SIM wasn't pre-activated as it should been.

If you need it in future, you can access live chat at ee.co.uk/contact-ee.

James