cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ongoing Apple Music Problem

Cswarmanx
Visitor

I think by now I have tried everything suggested on here and no one can help me.  I have been trying to get this resolved for over a year (I try then give up repeatedly)

I have Apple Music as a smart benefit all activated on my account fine. When I try to redeem in the app it says “this subscription is already being used by another Apple ID”

Apple say that my subscription needs to be un-linked from my mobile number by my carrier.

I have called Mobile Care multiple times who have no idea how to fix and just end up sending me text links to sign up to apple music which is of no help. Tried online chat only to get transferred to higher level teams with are never available or the chat gets ended in transfer. 

I have only ever had one Apple ID/iCloud Account , however 2 years ago I changed the email address associated with the account. I did not create a new Apple ID I just updated the current one and I think this is what caused the problem . The old email address does not any longer exist as an Apple ID but must still be registered some how, as that is what I originally had the EE 6 Months free Apple Music on.

PLEASE HELP ! 🙂 I can’t stand paying for a smart plan and not being able to use the benefit that I actually want! 

3 REPLIES 3
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Cswarmanx

Welcome to the community. I'm sorry to hear that you have had this problem getting your Apple Music smart benefit set up.

I've sent you a private message to get some information from you.

Chris

ktd77
Investigator
Investigator

I am having the same issue Apple Arcade and Apple TV benefit have worked fine it’s just music that won’t work 😟

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @ktd77

I've replied to your other post about this. Could you take a look and get back to me please?

Thanks

Chris