cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE account management - nothing seems to work

Retty1
Contributor
Contributor

My NHS discount code (unused) is rejected during the upgrade process as "invalid". I've generated different codes. Same problem. Doesn't work with any plan.

I can't select Apple Music as a Benefit on the 18 month SIM Only £25 a month plan - Apple Music isn't available in the list of Smart Benefits despite being advertised as being there.

I can't get any help from Customer Support. I started a chat and was asked to provide my name and number. I did this but it then seemed to restart the whole process with being asked what I would like help with - having already explained what I wanted help with which is why I was then asked for my name and phone number. 😤

Reported a network problem a few days ago only to receive a text message a day later saying that there was no problem and then, coincidentally, a message an hour or so later telling me that maintenance work was due to be carried out in my area.

I get the feeling my time with EE is coming to an end: can't get a newly issued discount code to work, can't upgrade to the advertised service, and can't get Customer Service assistance.

At least I didn't spend ages in a telephone queue I suppose.

5 REPLIES 5
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Good Morning @Retty1

Welcome back to the EE Community. 

Are you selecting a plan that is already discounted or part of our Black Friday offers?

Are any other discounts showing in your basket?

Apple Music is one of our Smart Benefits so you should be able to choose this, what currently shows as your options?

Speak soon, 

Katie 🙂

The plan is not already reduced as part of a deal. The newly generated discount code is just rejected. I see from the support forum that this has been an ongoing problem that EE has not fixed. I have tested the code with all plans. It is rejected for all of them.

This what I see when I try to select a Benefit. No Apple Music option. It's a problem on server side - nothing I'm doing wrong.

Very frustrating. I have repeatedly told EE that there's a bug in the upgrade system for this plan and also in the rejection of newly generated discount codes.

I'm about to give up out of principle and take my business elsewhere. 

If EE can't solve these simple replicable problems, EE doesn't deserve hard earned money.

D29CAF17-37CB-44E6-AC33-882CE6FCBAA0.jpeg

And the forum can't even accept my screenshot upload. I give up.

@Retty1 wrote:

And the forum can't even accept my screenshot upload. I give up.

All submitted images need to be manually approved before being publicly visible, that has now been done.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Retty1

If you're connected to a VPN, could you try adding the discount when not connected?

I've seen a couple of other users mention that using a different browser or device sometimes helps too.

Please let me know if it still isn't working for you.

Chris