cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

SIM card showing wrong number abroad?

vissy21
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there. I'm in Sri Lanka and have just received a new activated SIM card (Pay monthy SIM only). When put in my phone, I can make calls and texts, but they aren't associated with my number, a sri lankan number comes up on the receivers phone, and if you call my actual number it says its switched off. Help! I've waited 5 months for this SIM to arrive....

6 REPLIES 6
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @vissy21

Thanks for coming to the community.

What phone are you using?

Is the SIM card a replacement, if so, did you call us to register the SIM?

Speak soon.

Leanne.

I’m on an iPhone Xs. The SIM was ordered from you, sent out to my UK address, and I made sure I made it clear at the time that it would be for use abroad, so please could it arrive activated. Since it arrived I’ve also completely erased and restored my phone with no luck. I also had to change the number that appears in ‘My Number’ (which was originally 0000000000), to my actual number. Any ideas?
Leanne_T

Thanks for the quick reply @vissy21

Does the correct number now show in your phone settings?

Could you also try logging into your My EE account online and going to Menu > Account Settings > Control Content > Roaming Abroad and also Call abroad and Premium rate calls, do they both show as ticked?

If they are not showing as ticked, can you activate these settings within your My EE?

Let me know how you get on 🙂

Leanne.

Thanks Leanne

So both the roaming abroad and call abroad options were blocked. I’ve ticked them and got the message saying it could take 24hrs to change. Should I contact you again in 24hours if it’s still not working?
Leanne_T

Hi @vissy21

Thanks for checking this.

If they are not working after 24 hours, if you log back into your My EE account online a chat option will show when an agent is available.

If chat is not showing, please use another phone to give our Mobile Care team a call on +44 7953 966 250.

They will be able to get this looked into further for you 🙂

Fingers crossed this sorted in the next 24 hours for you.

Leanne.

Thank you so much Leanne, it’s working, you’re a life saver!