cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

S21 Ultra Camera Black Screen

KeithS21
Contributor
Contributor

About 25% of the time I open the camera app on my S21 Ultra it just opens a black screen with no picture and occasionally restarts the phone.

I have tried deleting the data cache on the app. I have rebooted the phone. Yet still it continues.

I suspect its a hardware fault but does anyone have any thoughts about how I might fix it?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just putting this here in case it helps someone else:

The Camera and Gallery aps are both connected to each other - if you open Camera it shows the last picture taken for example. I deleted the cache of GALLERY then the Camera app started working again!

I tried everything like turning off then back on, safe mode, hard reset back to factory settings. I then reloaded my backup which, of course, loaded the old cache from Gallery so put the problem back in place. Simply deleting the gallery cache would have fixed it. 🙂

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Christopher_B
EE Employee

Hi @KeithS21

Thanks for coming to the community about this.

I hope you're well and having a nice Monday, are you up to much? 

I use the camera on my phone loads, so totally get that this needs sorting. 

Do you have all the latest software for your phone downloaded and installed? 

Thanks

Chris

Hi Chris. Yes all updates are applied. The camera was working fine before the last update with camera performance updates! 

I believe there is another update soon? Perhaps that will fix it. 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Have you tried backing up your Samsung and fully restoring it to factory settings, @KeithS21?

This can help with software problems that occur after an update.

Chris

Just putting this here in case it helps someone else:

The Camera and Gallery aps are both connected to each other - if you open Camera it shows the last picture taken for example. I deleted the cache of GALLERY then the Camera app started working again!

I tried everything like turning off then back on, safe mode, hard reset back to factory settings. I then reloaded my backup which, of course, loaded the old cache from Gallery so put the problem back in place. Simply deleting the gallery cache would have fixed it. 🙂

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know, @KeithS21 🙂

Hopefully other users will find this helpful.

Jon