cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Replacement SIM needed - cannot call EE

gdlavery
Investigator
Investigator

My SIM has been damaged and I need a replacement. I can only see advice to call 150 but I can't do this because my SIM is damaged and I have no working phone.

I also need to update my home address so that the SIM is sent to the right place. In order to do this I need to enter a verification code, but I can't recieve the code because I have no working phone.

Is there no EE support available via an online chat?

I want the replacement SIM as soon as humanly possible. Could I buy a 99p SIM out of my local Tesco and quickly get EE to switch my number to that SIM with a PAC code? Again, is this something I could I do without a working phone?

16 REPLIES 16
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdlavery

I am very sorry we have no account access here on the community to help further. 

Please can you confirm if you have tried another browser?

Another alternative would be visiting your local store, you can enter your postcode using the store finder to locate your nearest store. 

Katie 🙂

Using Microsoft Edge instead of Chrome, the Start Chat button has now appeared. But I still can't progress any further, I am hitting the same brick wall.

"Sorry, we aren’t able to assist with your query on chat."

James_B

Hi @gdlavery,

Have you been able to start a chat yet?

Thanks

James

Thanks for the advice Katie_B and James_B for the follow-up. Yes I was finally able to start a chat and the agent was able to solve the problems I faced. The support via this forum helped.

But my suspicion that Live Chat is deliberately inaccessible was confirmed by the mandatory question before starting the chat asking something like "If you couldn't use Live Chat how would you have found your answers".

When I finally accessed the support I needed, the Live Chat agent solved my problem quickly and with professionalism. There obviously should be a queue system for the Live Chat. I can't overstate how much EE alienated me in my hour of need by placing deliberate hurdles in the system so that customers are pushed to call support by phone. Enormously disappointing customer service.

James_B

Hi @gdlavery,

Thanks for this feedback. I'm sorry you found it difficult to get the help you needed initially but glad it's now been sorted.

James

Zaja1972
Visitor

My phone has been stolen with my ee sim i need a replacement sent to my address

Katie_B

Hello @Zaja1972

I am sorry to hear your phone has been stolen. 

I would recommend giving our customer care team a call and reporting this with them. 

The team can reached by calling 0800 079 8586 from any landline or provider. 

They will then also be able to send a replacement SIM. 

Alternatively, you could visit your local EE Store with some photo ID. 

Katie 🙂