cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Replacement SIM needed - cannot call EE

gdlavery
Investigator
Investigator

My SIM has been damaged and I need a replacement. I can only see advice to call 150 but I can't do this because my SIM is damaged and I have no working phone.

I also need to update my home address so that the SIM is sent to the right place. In order to do this I need to enter a verification code, but I can't recieve the code because I have no working phone.

Is there no EE support available via an online chat?

I want the replacement SIM as soon as humanly possible. Could I buy a 99p SIM out of my local Tesco and quickly get EE to switch my number to that SIM with a PAC code? Again, is this something I could I do without a working phone?

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @gdlavery

I am very sorry we have no account access here on the community to help further. 

Please can you confirm if you have tried another browser?

Another alternative would be visiting your local store, you can enter your postcode using the store finder to locate your nearest store. 

Katie 🙂

View solution in original post

16 REPLIES 16
bristolian
Legend
Legend

Hi @gdlavery  and welcome to the EE Community!

Firstly are you PAYG or pay-monthly? Live chat is only available to pay-monthly customers.

You can contact EE C/S from any working phone, by using 0800 0798586.

I would recomend you call C/S, and they can hopefully resolve this for you.

I'm on a pay-monthly contract. But I couldn't see an option for live chat.

Katie_B

Hello @gdlavery

The live chat option can be found on this page

As soon as there is an agent available you will see the 'Start Chat' button appear. 

Katie 🙂

Still there is no "Start Chat" button available.

I see headers saying "Customer service, "Technical support" and "Join EE" but there are no buttons.

Katie_B

Hi @gdlavery

Are you able to select pay as you go and go back to pay monthly?

I have done this and it has appeared. 

Katie 🙂

Tried this and nope it hasn't worked I'm afraid.

Does the "Start Chat" button come and go as agents are available? That is an unbelievably bad system if so.

I really really need a solution to this. Frustrated with EE's support here.

Katie_B

Hi @gdlavery

That's right the chat button appears when an agent is available. 

Have you tried another browser?

Alternatively, our customer care team is available to call from any landline or mobile on 0800 079 8586. 

Katie 🙂

So EE customers in need of support who don't have access to a phone are expected to sit and look at an empty page waiting for the "Start Chat" button to appear, with absolutely no idea if or when it will?

That is a shambolic and insulting system. A queue system would be so so easy. Clearly Live Chat has been made deliberately difficult to access so that customers are funnelled towards calling up instead. I suppose the demand for Live Chat is high and EE don't want to invest what's needed to meet that demand and support their customers.

I don't have access to a working phone right now which is exactly why I need support. I've been a loyal customer for years and have a substantial amount oin bills over the years. To be treated with such disregard by EE in my moment of need - deliberately - I find appalling.

I'm now going to seriously looking elsewhere for my phone contract as a result.