cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Price of eSim for an apple watch for Pay Monthly customer

pilotax
Investigator
Investigator

Hi there,

I am trying ot understand the following: I already have an iPhone with an eSim. I am looking to buy an apple watch (4G) and I guess I should request another eSim.

How does it work? It should not be a different plan/number, but I cannot understand costs and the process for getting one honestly.

Can somebody help me?
The website doesn't seem to contain the information.

Cheers

S

20 REPLIES 20

I honestly don’t see the logic off charging extra fee (currently £7) for the same user and data plan. Why charge extra? 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Myk_sim,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

The eSIM needs to be provisioned with its own independent data connection so the watch can be used independently of the phone.

If you don't need to use the watch away from your phone, you can connect it via Bluetooth and use your phone's data connection.

Hope this helps.

James

if I was to buy a sim only plan now, then add an Apple Watch to it a month (bought from apple) - how would I do it and how much does it cost ?

Christopher_G

Hi @Erin101

Welcome to the community.

You would select the plan through the 'Watch' app on your compatible iPhone. It's £7 per month and allows you to use your phone's minuted & texts and gives you 10GB of data per month.

More information about setting up the Apple Watch plan >

Chris

How come it’s almost doubled in price ?

£5 - £9!!

it’s £9!a month now! Almost not with it

Leanne_T

Hi @Dazsss

Thanks for coming to the community. 

Are you adding the data plan in the iPhone My Watch App?

Thanks. 

Leanne.

@Dazsss  It was originally £5 when the series 3 came out then when the 4 came out part way through it changed to £7.  It’s only just changed to £9 so it’s not just double it’s taken a few years.  

Hi,

I just set up my eSim with my Apple Watch SE.

So is the plan £7 per month and also is the 10GB extra data or taken from the already existing plan?

I also saw an employee say that there are 3 months free with unlimited data, not sure if that’s correct?

thanks

@CICJWC  That’s not right.  It’s not unlimited data it’s 10Gb and that 10Gb is just for the watch and it’s not come from your phone allowance.   And what you seen for free for three months is no longer applicable that was a couple of years ago now.