cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Apple watch

Mandylufc
Investigator
Investigator

My son pays his own mobile bill. Can I get a pay monthly Apple Watch but have it connected to his phone & number and I pay for it?

7 REPLIES 7
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mandylufc

Welcome to the community.

Just so I understand, are you pay for the Apple Watch separately on a different bill? If so, do you have a contract already with us?

If you do it this way, you'll be paying the monthly contract fee on that account, then he would have to add a plan to his account for £7 per month to use the 4G network.

Are you the account holder for your son's account?

Chris

Hi Chris. Yes I also have an EE account. I wanted to pay monthly for the watch but obviously it would need to be his number linked to it

Christopher_G

If you were to add it to your account, you would pay the monthly cost for the contract, @Mandylufc.

You son would be able to pair his watch to his iPhone and use it for calls through Bluetooth (within range of his phone).

If he were to want to use the 4G aspect, he would have to add a £7 Apple Watch plan to his account too.

Chris

Great. Obviously he doesn’t need to link or pair until Christmas Day? Would like it to be a surprise

Christopher_G

That's right, @Mandylufc.

He can set it up on Christmas Day. 🙂

Chris

Perfect. I’m so glad to get this sorted as I rang your customer services & was told I couldn’t do this. What do I need to do to proceed?

Christopher_G

Just order an Apple Watch through our online shop, @Mandylufc.

Make sure you choose one of the 'personal paired' plans. If you need help, you can order one over the phone or in-store too. 🙂

Chris