cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ported number not showing in settings

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've switched EE contracts from business to personal and had to go the long route by pac number out to another network and then back in again to keep my old number. 

I was notified that the port back in had happened yesterday. I rebooted my phone a few times but in system phone settings it's still saying the old SIM number. I've got a Google Pixel 3axl.

Will this get changed or will it always show the old SIM number in the settings?

BTW some people are still seeing the SIM incorrect number when I text them and others are seeing my original number that has just ported back.

Edit: If I text "number" to 150 I get the reply with the correct number which has just ported back in.

14 REPLIES 14
kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@James_B 

My number appears to have been transferred back to EE but it's not on my SIM which still holds the new EE personal tariff number. I also still have the number active on the Three PAYG SIM somehow

Three were useless and I ended up dealing with EE MNP department through customer care who say they can probably fix it. It'll take another 3-5 days sadly but hopefully it will be sorted.

I do have faith in EE sorting this out but for some initial feedback to EE (and/or Ofcom)... if you'd have made it possible to migrate a number from one EE contract to another EE contract, without having to go in and out via another network, then none of this tortuous hastle would have been necessary. It can't be rocket science to keep your number within the same network surely?

I'm happy to wait as I need the number which I've been using for over 10 years and the person(s) I finally spoke to have been very helpful.. so thanks go to them for their assistance so far 👍

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for the update @kar999

Our MNP department will make sure this is sorted as quickly as possible for you.

I appreciate your feedback on the issues you've had with keeping your number. We do have an account transfer process available that allows a business number to be transferred to a personal account. Our Customer Care Team can help with this if you need to do it again in the future.

James

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

@James_B  thanks. 

I was told a migration of a number within the network wasn't possible but I do appreciate call centres and chat lines are under difficult working conditions right now.

As you say, I'm sure they'll get it sorted. I'lI let you know when it's happened 😊

James_B
EE Community Support Team

No problem @kar999 🙂

James

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Finally got it sorted last week when a replacement SIM was sent out to me with my correct number on it.

If only keeping your existing number within the same network had been as easy as porting out to other networks life would have been a lot simpler.

Thanks must go to the staff that did help me negotiate the long and winding road! 😊