cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Ported number not showing in settings

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've switched EE contracts from business to personal and had to go the long route by pac number out to another network and then back in again to keep my old number. 

I was notified that the port back in had happened yesterday. I rebooted my phone a few times but in system phone settings it's still saying the old SIM number. I've got a Google Pixel 3axl.

Will this get changed or will it always show the old SIM number in the settings?

BTW some people are still seeing the SIM incorrect number when I text them and others are seeing my original number that has just ported back.

Edit: If I text "number" to 150 I get the reply with the correct number which has just ported back in.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Finally got it sorted last week when a replacement SIM was sent out to me with my correct number on it.

If only keeping your existing number within the same network had been as easy as porting out to other networks life would have been a lot simpler.

Thanks must go to the staff that did help me negotiate the long and winding road! 😊

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @kar999

Welcome to the community.

It should have all ported in before midnight last night.

Have you rebooted your phone today? Are you receiving and making calls OK? Or are they going to the old number?

Chris

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Yep...rebooted numerous times. I'm able to make calls in and out with the correct number that's just ported back in ending 995. I've also texted in and out it shows the correct number ending 995. I tried this to my EE data router. It's the pixel 3axl phone that still shows the old SIM number....

Although if I text my missus who's on Plusnet now she still see's the old SIM number...ending 564.....and if she replies to that 564 I can pick it up on my phone though I believe I should be ending 995. If she texts 995 it doesn't send. 

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

If I dial *#*#4636#*#* 

I get the old number coming up  but under SMSC whatever that is I can see my ported back number that I want.

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

I've just put my Three SIM back in my phone and it's still got the number olthat should have ported across back to EE and my phone settings has picked it up.

No sure what's going wrong here....any ideas anyone?

James_B

Hi @kar999,

Is the Three SIM still working?

Thanks

James

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Hi James,

Yes. I didn't put any credit in it but it still says it's active with my EE number (995 ) I ported to them and am trying to port back. 

James_B

Hi @kar999,

It sounds like your number transfer hasn't completed yet.

Please get in touch with Customer Care so we can make sure the transfer has been successful.

Thanks

James

kar999
Skilled Contributor
Skilled Contributor

Thanks James,

I'll do that later this morning. The three SIM is still saying active in their app.

James_B

No problem @kar999

Let us know how you get on.

James