cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Keeping number when moving from Contract to Sim only

Triarii
Explorer

I've asked for an EE SIM only contract after being a long time EE contract customer. I didn't realise that I'd get a new SIM with a new number. How can I ensure that I keep the same number? Calling 150 I'm informed  that there's a 20 minute wait to get through.

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To keep your no. you needed to upgrade your existing EE contract to a SIM-Only contract. As it is you just asked for a new SIM-Only contract, which comes with a new no.

If you are still within your statutory 14-day cooling-off period, you can call CS to cancel it FoC & then order an upgrade to SIM-Only for your contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
mikeliuk
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

Hi @Triarii ,

I believe you intended to upgrade a contact which included a mobile phone to a SIM-only contract and that process would ensure you keep your old number.

Are you certain you did not unwittingly confuse the EE adviser by requesting a new EE SIM-only contract when you "asked for an EE SIM only contract" ?

-- 
Contract SIM: Plan | Data | Usage | Check Status | Abroad | Chat | SMS | APN | PM
Wired: Check Speed | Test Socket | Faults | fast.com | speedtest.net
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

To keep your no. you needed to upgrade your existing EE contract to a SIM-Only contract. As it is you just asked for a new SIM-Only contract, which comes with a new no.

If you are still within your statutory 14-day cooling-off period, you can call CS to cancel it FoC & then order an upgrade to SIM-Only for your contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I did it online as getting hold of someone is proving impossible. 30 min wait on the phone. Have to go into town then I think.