cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE gave me the wrong unlock code for my phone

AndrewTM
Investigator
Investigator

I enter my new sim from a new network and phone requested code. After sending my IMEI number to EE they emailed me a code for my Samsung Galaxy S10 plus.I tried this code multible times and I kept being told it was incorrect. Now it says enter MCK code. So I got my PUK code from My EE and now it's telling me that is incorrect too. The heck very annoyed

20 REPLIES 20

Hi @AndrewTM ,

EE gave me the MCK and PUK code for my Samsung s10 however both codes don't work on my phone, i just continually get the message:

"Enter MCK.

Network unlock code blocked. too many incorrect attempts"

I've spoke to numerous EE technicians now and none of them seem to know what is wrong/ what is going on. 

I'm new here, but if someone can help, I can share the information and Email I have been given by EE as well as screen recordings of trying to use the codes given to no avail. 

I can really use some help, this is stressing me out soo much.

Thanks in advance. 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrZinkBMX99,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

If you have been blocked from entering an unlock code due to too many incorrect attempts, you'll need to contact the manufacturer for an MCK code.

Thanks

James

Hi @James_B 

I have spoken to my manufacturer (Samsung) have said that this is an EE problem that you guys need to fix. As you are the people that locked the phone (as they sell the devices unlocked) 

At this point in time I'm just going round and round in circles, with no one being able to help me. 

I feel like I've paid £900 (over the period of my contact) for a phone that I now can't can't use anymore. I feel like I've been scammed by EE....

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MrZinkBMX99,

I've sent you a private message. Please check your inbox and get back to me when you have a moment.

Thanks

James

Shiraji17
Explorer

I have same problem with galaxy s10, i got unlock cod from ee by email now its dident working,  now its says natwork unlock code blocked, too many incorrect attempt, what shel i do now?? 8/9/2021

• What is MCK?? 

Hi @Shiraji17 

Imma be honest with you mate, I've had the same problem for nearly a month, EE are absolutely useless with this, refusing to take any responsibility, claiming its a hardware issue and you will need to go to Samsung directly (I did there was nothing wrong with the device it is 100% an EE Issue as they put the network lock on the devices) 

I've had to lodge a complaint with EE and had to take it to the ombudsman (and most likely small claims court) 

EE will refuse to replace or refund the device under consumer rights your going to have to go above them to the ombudsman or court to get the issue fixed

Hi @Shiraji17

The best thing to do is give our customer care team a call, so they can look into this and find the best solution.

Thanks 

Chris

You are a STAR!!!! THANKS!!!! Worked for me... 

Hi,

Did you ever get this sorted?

I am trying to unlock my old phone for my daughter and the screen states.

"Enter MCK

Network unlock code blocked. Too many incorrect attempts"

I have contacted samsung no help its EE.

I have phoned EE, emailed over 15 times ...keep being told the same thing over again which isnt working. I even went into an EE shop this morning and they turned me away as they have no training and told me to e-mail!!!

Going round in circles for the past 5 days! I could cry!

I have even tried to factory reset the phone ....and it still comes up!

Anybody out there that can help .....PLEASE?