cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

EE gave me the wrong unlock code for my phone

AndrewTM
Investigator
Investigator

I enter my new sim from a new network and phone requested code. After sending my IMEI number to EE they emailed me a code for my Samsung Galaxy S10 plus.I tried this code multible times and I kept being told it was incorrect. Now it says enter MCK code. So I got my PUK code from My EE and now it's telling me that is incorrect too. The heck very annoyed

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Just cracked the puzzle. The last eight numbers of the code was the MCK code. The first eight was the number to unlock my phone. Phew. Thanks for the advice.

View solution in original post

20 REPLIES 20
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@AndrewTM  A PUK code is to unlock a locked sim this is not the same as a MCK code.   This MCK code is to unfreeze your device because the wrong unlock code has been entered wrong to many times.   you can get the MCK code from Samsung.    EE got the unlock code by you giving the IMEI number of your device.  The unlock code is unique to your device because of the IMEI code.  So just to check did you give the correct IMEI code ?  

I got three codes

"IMEI1", "IMEI2" AND A "SN"

I gave EE the code next to "IMEI1" I was shown a picture of my model on screen S10 plus.

The IMEI1 is the correct one to give but are you sure you correctly entered it in to EE?

BrendonH (Android Expert) Google Pixel 8 Pro Obsidian Black (Android 14)
If I have helped please click the THUMB/SOLUTION buttons below

Yes I checked the IMEI1 I have with the one on the email EE they're the same.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @AndrewTM,

I'd recommend re-entering your unlock code once you have got your MCK from Samsung.

James

Contacted Samsung and they told me I need to get my MCK code from EE?

Just cracked the puzzle. The last eight numbers of the code was the MCK code. The first eight was the number to unlock my phone. Phew. Thanks for the advice.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming back and letting us know @AndrewTM

Leanne 🙂

Andrew, you are a bloody star. Phone now unlocked. Thank you