cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Disgusting Price Increase!

Cookyweb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've just had the email that you are now cashing in on the cost of living crisis by smashing a massive 14.4 % increase on my bill.

Its absolutely disgusting, at a time when people are struggling to eat and heat their homes you decide to hit us with that ridiculous increase, not just a few % you up it by 14.4%

Its sick and I'll never be using EE again when this contract ends, I'll also be going out of my way to warn other people from using you, there's absolutely no justification in a hike like that, its pure greed and you should be ashamed.

You're a disgrace!

585 REPLIES 585

It's just as an example posed as a conditional 'if' statement. Surely it's not beyond you to substitute the '2.4%' by '10.5%', the actual current figure?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
CraigG70
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Mustrum wrote:

@nuttyxander  So that is BT, not EE.

Still EE, they are merged, you know. You have Google, I suggest you USE IT.

CraigG70
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@CraigG70   you didn’t sign up to a 10.5% increase you signed up to a CPI+3.9% increase.  

I have had a 10.5% increase, so that 3.9% increase is irrelevant.

CraigG70
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@XRaySpeX wrote:

It's just as an example posed as a conditional 'if' statement. Surely it's not beyond you to substitute the '2.4%' by '10.5%', the actual current figure?

Personally, I couldn't care less about the 2.4% figure. My Internet went up over 10.50%. It went from £30.60, to £35.10 per month. A joke price, for a joke company.

@CraigG70 and as you clearly didn’t read the title of that i’ll post it for you. 

Results for the full year to 31 March 2022 

so not this financial year but last financial year.    And that’s the BT group not EE. 

Lorraine76
Contributor
Contributor

I wonder if everyone else received the happy news of a price increase “in line with inflation” has anyone noticed that it’s 15% that’s not in line with inflation! EE have some explaining to do to their so called valued customers…..

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Lorraine76 

We’ve been upfront about our price changes when customers agreed to their contract, so customers always know where they stand. We are contacting customers directly about how the changes will affect them.

This Mobile CPI plus price changes help page should explain the increase.
Chris

@Lorraine76  It’s in line with your contract through,  CPI + 3.9%  ( at present that 14.9% ) It’s never been just CPI. 

Hello there

I had a message yesterday to say that my contract cost will be going up by 14.4%.

Upon checking my bill, I see that I never use anywhere near my data allowance. Is it possible to downgrade my contract to less data per month please?

Jane

My phone bill is now £113.00 but it going up by £16.28