cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Fibre Price increase 30%

ralphster
Investigator
Investigator

Hello all

I've been advised our Fibre contract will renew this month but will change from £24.14 to £32.14 a month. This is a 30% increase which seems steep. We're EE mobile customers too, with 4 devices and we've been customers for years.

And our fibre speed is only 18Mbps?? Is it worth it?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thankyou.

17 REPLIES 17
Mustrum
Ace Contributor
Ace Contributor

If you ring CS you should be able to negotiate a new discounted rate - doing nothing just means you move to the undiscounted rate. Along with many services these days it is worth looking around at what you could get the service for elsewhere before the call.

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Have you reached the end of your min. contract term? Your bill will increase at that time as you would've been informed when you took it out. You can see this even now with EE's current offers:

Fibre Plus Broadband
  • 54-73 Mb/s estimated download speed range
  • £27 a month, 24 month contract, then £32 a month

Which EE BB package do you have?

Instead of letting your current contract run on at the higher price, all you have to do is commit to a new 24-month contract for the same BB package at a lower price than you are paying now. You can do this online thro' your MyEE for BB under Change your broadband plan .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

Welcome to EE's Home Broadband Forum.

If you would like help with your BB speed or connection issues, please would you carry out the following steps for starters, which will enable us to diagnose the problem and advise you further. Do not restart your router to do these tests:

1. Post your full router stats:

• For a BrightBox: login and go to Advanced Settings/ System/ DSL Status. Also post 'System Uptime' from top of System Log page.
  • For a SmartHub: login and go to Advanced Settings/ Technical Log/ Information. Obscure your names & any numbers in the BB Username & also the SSIDs.

Full router stats are key to any speed & connection issues.

2. Try a wired speedtest, using an Ethernet cable supplied with the router, here http://www.thinkbroadband.com/speedtest.html . Click on the "Results Page" button at the bottom of the graph you first see and then copy to here just the "Link to this result:" link that you see below the next main graph.

3. What does BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimate for your phone number? Post just the whole table and the line above it, blanking out your phone number. If it doesn't recognise your phone number or you don't have one, use the Address Checker, not the Postcode Checker.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Technical-log.pngThanks XraySpex.

My log details are as follows.

Product name:Smart Hub
Serial number:+EEH001+1837000566
Firmware version:v0.06.01.08190-EE
Firmware updated:Wed Dec 16 00:54:24 2020
Board version:01
DSL uptime:5 Days, 13 Hours, 48 Mins, 59 Secs
Data rate:2.74 Mbps / 18.00 Mbps
Maximum data rate:2.68 Mbps / 21.75 Mbps
Noise margin (up/down):6.1 / 9.8
Line attenuation (up/down):36.6 / 29.0
Signal attenuation (up/down):36.2 / 24.2
Data sent / received:6.0 GB / 66.8 GB
Broadband username:
2.4 GHz wireless network name:
2.4 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel 11)
5 GHz wireless network name:
5 GHz wireless channel:Smart (Channel 44)
Wireless security:WPA2
Wireless mode:Mode 1
Firewall:Default
MAC address:4C:1B:86:C0:91:19
Software variant:-
Boot loader:0.0.3-EE (Mon Dec 4 17:32:53 2017

@ralphster  Posting your router stats isn’t going to solve anything.  It sounds like you’re reach your minimum contract period which means any discount you had are removed as you’re out of contract.  You need to be in contract to have a reduced bill. Your contract has reverted back to its original contract price that’s all. 

I don’t know why you’ve been asked to post them in the first place you don’t have a connection issue.

Thanks Chris_B, I may be able to renew at a lower rate however, I'm sure the speed has dropped over time and I wanted to confirm I wasn't paying for a lesser service.

@ralphster  It’s not dropped at all.    You’re probably find it because you have get so used to it and it starts to seem slow from when you first had it because when you first got it it probably felt quite quick . 

@ralphster : I would say you are getting slower than expected speeds. Now let's see your  BT Wholesale Broadband Availability Checker estimates.

@Chris_B : I asked the OP for his router stats & more as he implied in his OP that he was not happy with his speeds as well as the price increase. So don't take it out on the OP when you can't possibly know what's on my mind!

Thankyou.

Can't seem to insert a screen shot so hopefully this will help.

Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream HandbackThreshold(Mbps) WBC FTTC Availability Date WBC SOGEA Availability Date Left in JumperHigh Low High Low        VDSL Range A (Clean) 

VDSL Range B (Impacted) 

26.817.63.72.215AvailableAvailable--
26.3153.71.911.4AvailableAvailable--
Featured Products Downstream Line Rate(Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range (Mbps) Availability Date FTTP Install ProcessFTTP on Demand
33050--Available--
ADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) ADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC ADSL 2+WBC ADSL2+ Annex MADSL MaxWBC Fixed RateFixed Rate
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available--
Up to 6.5Up to 15.5 to 7.5Available--
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5Available--
2----Available--
2----Available--
SOADSL Products Downstream Line Rate (Mbps) Upstream Line Rate (Mbps) Downstream Range(Mbps) WBC SOADSL Availability Date Left in JumperWBC SOADSL 2+SOADSL MaxSOADSL Fixed Rate
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5----
Up to 6.5--5.5 to 7.5----
Up to 2--5.5 to 7.5----
Observed Speeds VDSLMax Observed Downstream SpeedMax Observed Upstream SpeedObserved Date
2021-03-09
Other Offerings Availability DateVDSL MulticastADSL Multicast
Available
Available
Premise Environment StatusBridge TapVRINTE FacePlateLast Test Date
U
N
N
28-10-2021
Exchange Product Restrictions StatusFTTP Priority ExchangeWLR WithdrawalSOADSL Restriction
N
N
Y