cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Wifi Speeds

Jasoncox
Investigator
Investigator

Hi. I’ve recently signed up to EE Fibre 300 and although I'm getting near the 300 mark downstairs I'm struggling to get anymore than 95 upstairs on both my PS5 and Xbox Series X. I've tried a speed test on my mobile whilst near both consoles and still get near the 300 mark but I'm struggling to get decent speed on my consoles even though signal strength is between 95 and 100%. Some tests have come out at less than 25mb download. Would wifi smart discs increase this speed.  I wouldn't want to upgrade my an for £10 each much if im not going to get any speed boost from it. Any help is much appreciated. 

4 REPLIES 4
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Jasoncox  If your phone is getting those speeds next to the consoles try moving the location of the consoles.   Your are obviously getting good speeds so it’s a console location that could be causing an issue.  The consoles themselves could be the cause and moving them might not make any difference what’s so ever.  But it’s worth a try.     Hardwiring it  would be best though.  

• Thanks for the advice Chris B. When i checked using my phone i was only inches away from the consoles position. Hard wire would be best i know but the location of the router and the route of the cable would be quite a distance. I've also tried with power line adapters but no better. Will keep experimenting and hopefully get a solution.

Hi am also having same problem. Did you get anything sorted.

My xbox x is fine but ps5 looses my wifi altogether at least once a month then takes days to come back even after reseting the router.

Thanks

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Adrian80.

Welcome to the community.

Are the Xbox and the PlayStation in the same location when this happens?

Are you not able to reconnect to WiFi straight away if it drops out? Do you get an error message?

Jon