cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

My 4g router is very hot to touch

Marc2407
Investigator
Investigator

Hi all,

When I try to stream games to play on PS now I get about 10 minutes in and the I start losing control of the game when I have checked the dongel it is very hot to touch, is this right? Also the battery dies quite quick and it's only a month old. I have this 4G wifi due not being able to get fiber through BT due to no space in the greenbox as the speeds are very low on normal internet. When BT offered me this I was very happy as I thought it would solve my issue, most of them have but not this one. Is there a better dongel that can with stand streaming games? All help is welcome.

Thank you 

10 REPLIES 10
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

It's not really a "dongle"; it's a mobile broadband router. They do get rather hot.

A better 1 is 4GEE Home Router It does not have a battery (which do get hot) but requires mains power.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Hi, OK thank you for the information. Not sure if you would know but is that something EE could swap my for and would there be a added cost to what I'm already paying? Thank you again for your input. 🙂🙂

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marc2407,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

It's normal for your router to get warm during use, but it shouldn't become too hot to touch.

I'd recommend getting in touch with Customer Care. They'll be happy to run through your options for upgrading to 4GEE Home and make sure your current device is safe to use.

James

Hi thank you, I can't choose the start Conversation when I want to chat to them as speaking to some one on the phone atm isn't a option.

Thank you

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Marc2407,

The start conversation option should work as soon as an a member of the team becomes available.

James

I have tried so many times for the start conversation to appear but not happing for some reason. 

Regards

Are you on PAYG? You can't Live Chat on that.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

No I'm on a monthly contract with them.

Regards 

@Marc2407  It’ll be easier and quicker to just call customer services.