cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Fibre Plus Broadband with landline Plan status.

Clatterman
Explorer

Order type

Regrade Status of order

Provisioning in progress

Estimated order completion date 04-01-2022

Just upgraded my broadband package.

Using a Bright Box 2.Not sure if i will be home when or if they deliver the new router.

Will the BB2 still work as i have ordered fibre plus (only) until i get the new equipment?.

Will EE send me a new router hub ?.

Does completion date mean when its activated or when they send out the new gear.

Somehat elderly so any help apprciated.

Many thanks to any answers.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

The BrightBox 2 will still work on Fibre Plus w/out any settings changed but EE will still send you the newer EE Smart Hub. It's your choice which you use. The EE SH is functionally much weaker than the BrightBox 2, esp. if you've made use of some of the more obscure features of the BrightBox 2, like multiple SSIDs & VLANs, MAC filtering. Access Control by service type, ...

The 4th Jan. should be your "go live" date. As you are just upgrading from EE Fibre your BB should only be down for a matter of mins. All they are doing is removing the 40 Meg cap from your line.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Thanks for your reply.

Does seem strange that the BB2 is kind of better than the EE SH.

Seems almost like a side grade from your info more than an upgrade.

One of those instances were older is better for features.