cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Disgusting Price Increase!

Cookyweb
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I've just had the email that you are now cashing in on the cost of living crisis by smashing a massive 14.4 % increase on my bill.

Its absolutely disgusting, at a time when people are struggling to eat and heat their homes you decide to hit us with that ridiculous increase, not just a few % you up it by 14.4%

Its sick and I'll never be using EE again when this contract ends, I'll also be going out of my way to warn other people from using you, there's absolutely no justification in a hike like that, its pure greed and you should be ashamed.

You're a disgrace!

585 REPLIES 585
Phil071
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

EE Price Hike

Next time you come to renew your broadband, phone etc with these rip off merchants think very carefully what they have done to you ie price 10% plus put their own 4% on a whopping 14% price hike whilst average earnings barely top 5%.Absolute disgrace in such hard times and methinks people will remember and go elsewhere to a more sympathetic company if there is one! EE Should be ashamed of themselves leeching off the poor

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Phil071

Many providers will change their prices at any time during customers’ contracts with them. We have been upfront about our price changes when customers agreed to their contract, and we are using CPI as a measure for these increases. 

Our customers rely on us for connectivity more than ever, it’s crucial we continue to invest in our networks, services and the latest technology.

Chris

You are missing the point Chris. Yes we know other providers are doing the
same thing and your argument about reinvestment is ludicrous. Why not take
a proactive approach and not charge the extionate amounts to help everyone
going through one of the worse poverty stricken events in modern time? I am
sure you will get more customers?
Please don't insult all EE customers with your rhetoric!

Phil
Hakdaddy74
Investigator
Investigator

Sooner ofcom put a end to this disgusting behaviour from phone companies the better. What contract do you know that you would sign that would allow companies to falsely advertise an initial price to lure people in and then jack up the prices annually with short notice. They make millions in profits every year and they have audacity to claim they are struggling... Scam artists, it's like a cartel.

CraigG70
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Completely agree. My Internet contract is going up an extra £53 a year, and that is outrageous. I didn't sign up to this.

I wonder how much EE are paying Kevin Bacon, for their adverts ?

They clearly have enough money to pay a Hollywood actor.

Djprice66
Visitor

Just received my increase letter for this year. I am sickened by the % increase when we in a cost of living crisis and when they report 2Billion profits.   I will not be renewing my contract I wish could cancel now.  😤 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

OfCom are looking into this - Ofcom to review inflation-linked telecoms price rises 

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@Hakdaddy74  it’s not falsely advertised as in the contract that you agreed too it. 
You are also told about this when you agree to the contract so it’s not short notice at all. 

You’ll find this HERE 

6. Annual Price Increase
Your Charges include an annual increase by a percentage comprised of i) the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) (ignoring any negative figures) plus ii) 3.9%. We will do this so the price increase takes effect on bills dated on or after 31st March of each year 

CraigG70
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

@Chris_B wrote:

@Hakdaddy74  it’s not falsely advertised as in the contract that you agreed too it. 
You are also told about this when you agree to the contract so it’s not short notice at all. 

You’ll find this HERE 

6. Annual Price Increase
Your Charges include an annual increase by a percentage comprised of i) the annual percentage increase in the Consumer Price Index (CPI) (ignoring any negative figures) plus ii) 3.9%. We will do this so the price increase takes effect on bills dated on or after 31st March of each year 

From Ofcom's website, linked above.

" The unpredictability of inflation rates means it can be difficult to know – months in advance – what an inflation-linked price rise will equate to in pounds and pence when consumers enter a contract."