cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

New fibre contract price changes

Rjf8075
Contributor
Contributor

Hi,  

I’ve recently signed up to Full Fibre 300 for £42 a month. It is being installed tomorrow. I see that the prices have changed. The Fibre 500 is now £38. Would it be possible to switch to the cheaper price rather than cancelling and then reordering ?

cheers,

Rob.

17 REPLIES 17
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Rjf8075  Probably not as you agreed to the tariff.  You’ll need to call customer service to see if this is even possible and I wouldn’t be surprised if you need to cancel and then reorder what you want.   

Thanks Chris. 

I’ll wait until it’s all up and running today and then give them a ring. 

Rob. 

Open reach installer came today. He drilled a hole straight through the gas mains. These things happen I guess. Router is now turning yellow to aqua to yellow to aqua. Clicking on and off each time.  Max network uptime has been about 30 minutes. 

When connected down speed is 300 but the upload is 1mb/s. 😔

Rob. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Hi @Rjf8075.

I'm sorry to hear this I hope everything is alright.

Have you tried restarting the router?

Have you spoken to our Broadband Care team?

Jon

Hi. Thanks for your message.

yes I’ve contacted the broadband team and an engineer is coming out on Monday.

Rob..

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for letting us know, @Rjf8075.

Hopefully you'll get this sorted on Monday 🙂

Jon

Just a quick update…

Monday - Openreach engineer re spliced and tested the fibre.  Checked the connection at the other end. Replaced the ONT.  rebuilt Nokia server software. Still no joy.

Tuesday - another openreach engineer attended.  Tested fibre again.  Rebuilt Nokia software again.  Still no joy.

Wednesday - Cube engineer attended.  Ethernet cable replaced. Router replaced. Still no joy.  Plasterer attended to fill the large hole in the wall made by the gas engineer.

Thursday - Broadband care team have now escalated the issue to BT Customer Services team (?).

Friday / Saturday. Not heard anything further. It’s actually quiet nice to have a break 🙂

Forgot to mention.  On Monday I telephoned EE about the being charged more for Fibre300 compared to Fibre500 and the new prices.  They moved me no problem over to Fibre500 for £4.50 a month less.  At least when it does eventually work it will be faster and cheaper. 😭

Another update…

after two openreach engineers and a cube engineer visit, the call was escalated to BT Cat team. Not sure what CAT stands for. The initial fault was recorded as a non connection fault. BT ran a test. Confirmed there was a connection and closed off the fault!

EE broadband team then had to raise another fault. This time an intermittent fault. BT wouldn’t investigate it. As it’s a new fault, EE had to send another openreach engineer. EE also had to send out a new router even though the cube guy installed a new one. My TP Link router had the same problem. Also connecting my computer directly into the ONT, I still had the same behaviour.  So another engineer visit and a fifth router still not working. BT has agreed again to take on the fault. 

hopefully I’ll hear something tomorrow. 

Jon_K
Former EE Employee

Thanks for the update again, @Rjf8075.

Fingers crossed you get some good news tomorrow!

Jon