cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Transfer eSim to new iPhone

Mpekatsa
Investigator
Investigator

Hello,

I know that has been answered many times (i've seen most of the post regarding that matter) although it is still unclear if the eSim can be transferred to a new iPhone. I have the QR code for my eSim.

Today, i upgraded my contract and i called 150 to ask if i can use the old QR code to set up my number to the new phone. What they told me on the call was "Yes, you can scan the old QR code on your new iPhone and it will work fine".

Can someone make it clear if it is possible to transfer the eSim from my old iPhone to the new iPhone?

10 REPLIES 10
Northerner
EE Community Star
EE Community Star

Hi @Mpekatsa 

I was under the impression you needed a new QR code. Have you tried scanning the old one?

Maybe @Chris_B can help. 

Thanks 

To contact EE Customer Services dial 150 From your EE mobile or 0800 956 6000 from any other phone. You can call Freephone +44 800 079 8586 on Skype

EE standard opening hours are 8am to 10.30pm every day.

Hi @Northerner ,

Thank you for your answer. I haven't tried yet. Will try this Saturday when i will get my new phone.

Although, reading the posts from other members of the community regarding this matter, i have to say that it wasn't clear if the old QR code could be used. I wouldn't care if it was not a weekend.

What concerns me is that i might not be able to use my number until next week, since i give back my old iPhone that has the eSim in it. So, i will try to scan the old QR code with my new phone and i will let you know.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Mpekatsa

Thanks for coming to the community.

If you have used the eSIM before, you won't be able to use this again you will need to order a replacement eSIM.

You can request a replacement eSIM by giving us a call on 150 from an EE phone or 0800 956 6000 from an alternative line .

Thanks.

Leanne.

Thank you @Leanne_T  for your response.

so basically, you’re telling me that until next Friday I won’t be able to communicate with nobody using my number? 

I have ordered a new SIM but just received a text today saying that it will arrive in 5 to 7 working days.

And apart from that it’s really annoying to call 150 and hear from the customer support that I will be able to use the same QR code on a new phone. It seems that someone is either telling lies or doesn’t know his job. 

During the lockdown we can’t go to a store and just pick up a new SIM card. So we either have to wait for several days in case that something happens with the old card.

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mpekatsa

Thanks for coming back to me.

Are you still able to use the old iPhone and eSIM?

Have you received the new iPhone?

Thanks.

Leanne.

are replacement esims emailed or physically posted?

@cmolloy888  They are posted, or can be picked up in an EE store if they are open.

Trying to call EE is an utter waste of time.. turns what should be a 5 minute easy process into a whole afternoon...

I would leave but all the other operators are just as hopeless. I would insist that they help you whilst on the phone and not 'call you back' as it will never happen. also I would take names of people and complain if they hang up on you (which is common when they don't know things and cant be bothered to sort it). (Note limited advice from EE on this forum despite lots of people trying to do this). Dreadful service but slightly less dreadful than other operators though.

Why, in the 21st century when everything is electronic, is an e-sim posted via normal mail?!?! Beggars belief.