cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

Cancelled contract to change to pay as you go, account now closed?

Clarion
Investigator
Investigator

I have given ee the 30 days notice to cancel my contract (rolling monthly) and change to pay as you go while I am away working abroad. 

Now when I log into my app it says my account is closed and I am unable to do anything in the app. I was told on two separate occasions you ee that I would receive a message a day or two before my account was stopped with some more info about my account. This never happened.

Now I am at a loss as to what to do to maintain my number as a pay as you go and also to top up. Where do I go from here?

11 REPLIES 11
Chris_B
Grand Master
Grand Master

@Clarion   Did you give notice while outside the UK ?  
Are you now outside the UK ? 
when the 30 day notice period was up were was you ?  In or out of the UK ? 

XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

You need to call CS to delete your old contract MyEE a/c & then you can set up your new PAYG MyEE a/c afresh, using the same mobile no. & email addy if desired. You can't mix them under MyEE.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I gave notice while I was outside the U.K. yes. I was outside of the U.K. when the notice period was up and I am outside of the U.K. now 

@Chris_B 

As you switched to PAYG while abroad you can't now use it until you return to UK. EE PAYG SIMs need 1st activating on EE's home UK network. This is on top of the situation with your MyEE a/c.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

The thing is I explained to two separate ee customer service staff my plans. That I would be abroad when the 30 days notice was up but none them told me that this would happen. That’s annoyed me massively now. My main concern is that I don’t lose my number as I’ll be returning but not for at least 6 months possibly longer. 

Will I still keep my number then? Worse case I can send it back to U.K. and have someone activate it and send it back. Just very laborious especially as I should have been told this before

EE PAYG SIMs are deactivated after 6 months of nonchargeable-use. You then have a further 3 months to call EE to reactivate it before it is lost completely.

You need to make a chargeable action like making a chargeable call or text, topping up or buying a Pack or Add-on, not just using your mins, texts or data from your pack.

I can’t ring any numbers either, when I try to call ee or any number it just says “calls to this number are barred” 

how do I contact ee then?

Try calling CS on the Freephone no. in my sig. over Skype. It should be free.

Ok I’ll try that, thanks very much for your help