cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This page is no longer active

close

For up-to-date information and comments, search the EE Community or start a new topic.

BT sport casting

Dougy2588
Explorer

Hello,  I’ve tried to cast recently and I get a note on my chrome cast that says BT ready to cast. When I click on what I want to cast I get an error that says I need to text SPORT to 150 because I haven’t enabled BT sport casting yet,  (VC550) So I text it. And it says you have BT SPORT, as a swappable benefit already and if I want to watch on the large screen for £5 p/m text LARGE. When I text that I get a message back that says ‘we’re sorry to get free access to BT SPORT app you need to be an EE pay monthly mobile’ etc etc. I’m on contract and pay monthly. I don’t want free access I want the large screen casting for £5, I’ve called customer services and they’ve said it is £12.50 for the casting? Anybody know how I can fix this and get the £5 casting option that keeps being sent to me. Thanks 

7 REPLIES 7
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi there @Dougy2588

I am sorry to hear this.

I have sent you a private message on here for some details.

Thanks.

Leanne.

I am having exactly the same issue as above 

I’ve just had a call back from EE customer services, because I have BT SPORT as a swappable benefit rather than ‘paying’ for the BT Sport package, I can only have the SPORT ULTIMATE package at £10p/m even though I am getting text messages offering me the LARGE £5p/m option to be able to cast to my chromecast. Good service from EE colleagues, poor service from EE offering customers something they can’t have. 

Robbieunited
Visitor

Hello, my EE contract has recently finished, so Iv swapped to sim online and have selected the 28 pm package which includes unlimited data calls and texts, with one 1 benefit which I selected as bt sport ultimate, it’s only letting me watch on my phone but won’t let me cast, iv tried contacting customer service and I can’t get any help,, once i text SPORT to 150 it’s telling me to get large screen for 5p/m which I said yes to but a message keeps coming back back saying error that I have to enabled bt sport on the app which iv already done I need help 

Hi @Robbieunited

The BT Sport add on is just on your device and to watch on the large screen the charge is correct.

I'm sorry it's not allowing you to add this. If you give our Customer Care Team another call they should be able to add this on manually for you.

Thanks 

Chris 

Im having the same problem says I have casting on my account but everytime I go to cast brings up a error message 

James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Kash87,

What type of device are you casting to?

James