cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message scam about rewards points from EE

Margih62
Investigator
Investigator

Hi is anyone else getting messages supposed to be from EE  saying they've got thousands of rewards points that's going to be  lost in 2 days if they dont  click on the link to spend them?

721 REPLIES 721

Phew - kind of got the impression that I would have to "actively" enter something or press a button, only it is always hard to tell - for everyone I guess. Thank you for the very quick feedback.

I also put the dot-I-see-you site through some checkers, most converted it back to the official EE site 😕 (go figure). However, URLVoid seemed to do some OK checks for cookies/malware and gave it the all clear, so hopefully just a phish. Is there a site EE recommend to use for this?

Amazing how we stop thinking at times!

Not forwarded to 7726, will do it now.

Thanks again.

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for forwarding it, @Foj. It means the specific one that you received can be looked into to.

Check out our Security page for more information on keeping secure online.

Chris

C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I'm glad everything is ok EE doesn't to a rewards points incentive scheme and yes it's surprising how often we kind of stop thinking and let our guard down now and then but that's life I guess when it comes to technology we just click a link and think nothing of it nowadays, but unfortunately we now have to second guess everything and it sad we have to do that but that's the word today these scams seem to get better and better catching out even the most switched on people.

Any I'm glad you got it sorted.

@Foj : "ee.coauk.icu" is faked to look like EE's true domain "ee.co.uk" but it isn't!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Sianlou1234
Visitor

I claimed my rewards points yesterday how do I know that I have been accepted 

Christopher_G
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Sianlou1234 

Welcome to the community.

How did you receive notification of this? I suspect it may have been a phishing scam, to get your details.

Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams | EE 

Chris

@Sianlou1234    Change any bank and  EE account login details ASAP.    

marshallwm96
Visitor

Hi there, 

I just received a text today stating "Hi from EE, we've noitce that the EE Points in your account (5340 points) will expire in 3 working days. Please redeem the points for available rewards in time. Visit (they provide a link I won't put here) for more information."

I assume that this is indeed a phishing scam? The phone number that provided the text message is: 447440477848

@marshallwm96 , @Sianlou1234 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to access your a/c. The URL to be clicked is obviously not EE's.

Report spam texts to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
C-jennings
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Hi Sianlou1234

Unfortunately the message is a phishing scam I would suggest contacting you bank as soon as possible and explain what's happened they will work with you to resolve this I would also change any relevant passwords just to be cautious.

I hope you get things sorted.