cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know @Desmomd

You have done the right thing by reporting this and deleting the message. 

Katie 🙂

Sunflower58
Visitor

I have just received text today 3/1/21 saying cannot process my latest bill , yet money has left my account as normal so definitely a scam , this is second I have received within a month . Mobile that sent it was =447399822662 . will block now .  

@Sunflower58 : Yes, It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Does it have a link in it that it tells you to click? Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

Waste of time blocking the sending no. It's fake & random.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Emmaline
Visitor

I received the same from: +44 7399 829034

Moonmonkey2002
Explorer

Received today 14/01/21

from +44 7413 282816

EE. We have been unable to process your monthly bill payment, to aviod(spelt wrong!) extra charges update your billing information via [mod edit: removed to ensure safety]

@Moonmonkey2002 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Does it have a link in it that it tells you to click? Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I have received the same message today - saying couldn't verify my billing details- 

the url is  https://id-ee-billverify.com

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @manso911

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know.

If you still have the message can you forward this to phishing@ee.co.uk for email or 7726 for texts, this will be looked into.

You can find some useful tips on staying safe online in Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it.

If you need anything further, please let me know.

Leanne

Ashjon77
Established Contributor
Established Contributor
It's a scam! Forward the text to 7726(SPAM) or if its an email then to '
report@phishing.gov.uk'. The text will automatically reply confirming
receipt of the scammer text and ask you to text them the number.
Ashjon77
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

I got caught on a very similar email a couple of weeks ago... I entered my account & card details!! Embarrassing as I am clued up and vigilant. It fooled me! A few hours later, I had a very professional sounding guy pretending to be from my bank, Monzo! These guys are sounding so believable. They must've looked at my details and worked out they were from a Monzo account then based their scam approach from this. The scammer was very aware of Monzo processes. I was doubting and questioning him but he started arguing with me! I knew this was a scam then as Monzo won't argue with me! He then must've attempted to use the details I had mistakenly given to buy something online! So his last attempt was to say that he'd prove he was from Monzo by sending me a text... the text immediately came through from Monzo. But it was a code allowing him to make a £600 online purchase!! He told me to give him the verification code which proves he's calling from Monzo! If I hadn't read the text properly then I'd be £600 down. The code that was text from Monzo to me was a result if him trying to buy online with my card!! 

In the moment it's so easy to get caught so be ultra vigilant!! Even to the point of doubting everything!! If somebody is ringing asking for something then terminate the call. Only approach your banks in your normal method. If this can happen to me, it can happen to anyone. The worst thing you can do is to think; 'I won't be caught out'... Trust me, be so aware & careful, these scammers are deviant little buggers! ( if anyone wants to know anything about my experience then just reply and I'll answer you... )