cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288

Well done. @Desmomd .

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

Received a scam  text message claiming to be from HSBC reported the number sent the number to 7762 never clicked any links

Just received a text scam claiming to be be from Hermes blocked the number

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Thanks for coming here and letting us know @Desmond

If you still have the text you can forward this to 7726 and it will be looked into. 

For advice from EE in relation to scams and how to keep yourself safe, take a look at the following pages

Scams: Information about scams currently circulating article >

Spam and phishing - How to stay safe and report it article >

Thanks. 

Leanne 🙂

I've had this message arrive today aswell 

Hi, I have just received a text saying " EE: We were unable to process your latest bill. In order to avoid fees, update your billing information via: http://late-payment.com
MYEE" but I've just checked my bank statement and this was taken out a few months ago. 

Can you let me know if this is spam please? 

@Helsbells1 : Yes, It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in Holland. Browsers are already warning it's dangerous.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
adthepad
Established Contributor
Established Contributor

Wow! I can’t believe that this text is still doing the rounds. I just had this exact message myself from number, +44 7759 369759 All we can do is to keep reporting it to EE on 7726. Then EE can keep blocking the numbers and stop people from being scammed. Which i did straight away.

@adthepad  Unfortunately scammers just switch to using a different number once a number is blocked.  And unfortunately there will be some who fall for this scam so they keep doing it or they will stop for a awhile then start again.