cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

scam text message re bill

Wellsie
Investigator
Investigator

Just had a text saying unable to process my bill I’m assuming it’s a scam  As bill already been taken!!! Not clicking on that link 

288 REPLIES 288
Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Ashjon77

Welcome to the EE Community. 

Thank you for providing the steps to take for customers who also receive similar to what you received a couple of weeks ago. 

I am sorry to hear this happened. 

Have you also reported this to Monzo? if not I would definitely recommend doing this. 

Another email you can use to forward anything EE related is phishing@ee.co.uk. 

More information can be found by visiting our 'Prevent scams including phishing, vishing, and smishing.' help page.

Please be sure to let us know if you have any questions. 

Take care, 

Katie 🙂

Hi I received a scam message, as I had just woken up from sleep, I clicked on it but immediately my iPhone flagged the link, so I closed it back. But I went on my EE account on my browser and logged in using Face ID cause I wanted to know what was going on. Do I need to be worried? I have forwarded the message to 7726 

Katie_B
EE Community Support Team

Hello @Edy1

Did you use the link provided in the message to log in to your account?

If not and you logged in via the My EE website this will be fine. 

Katie 🙂

Tallygee
Visitor

I have just received the same text message and thought errmmm not at this time of the month. Definitely a scam

DavidSmith999
Visitor

EE: We are having issues verifying your billing details. Update these details immediately at ee-paymentplan.com to avoid a block on your EE account
2020/12/04 07:39:01pm

@DavidSmith999 : It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Does it have a link in it that it tells you to click? Don't go there but what was the link?

Report it to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
MikeJ1966
Visitor

Just had a text message that looks like a scam.

From No.+44 7747866077

DO NOT CALL OR TEXT THIS NO.

email. - eeupdatebillingvia.com

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS LINK

please be aware of this

MJ

@MikeJ1966 : Yes, It's a scam! There are many of these going the rounds. EE would never send you a msg asking you to click on a link in order to update your a/c.

Report it to your network provider by forwarding the text to 7726 (S.P.A.M. on your keypad).

That domain, faked to look like EE, was only created today in USA. Browsers are already warning it's dangerous.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

This Desmond Abraham I got a scam text I reported the number HSBC.Reported the number

This is Desmond got a scam text I reported the number sent it to 7762