cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a call to offer discount

JumBug
Explorer

Hi I just got a call from a number claimiing they can half my bill for the rest of my contract. Apparently it's a discount EE is only offering 200 people and I happen to be one of them. She knew I was getting 40% discount already on my contract. Said she was going to put in an application and send me the details by post. Asked to confirm my address and when she asked for DoB I just knew this didn't seem right. Plus she was very pushy and won't answer my questions about what's the details of this promo, can I check the promo online or go into store to find out more about it. I just knew this wasn't right and ended the call. Anyone else had this

[Mod note : phone number removed as the post is publicly visible] 

33 REPLIES 33

Little bit worried, think I gave away a few too many details but nothing has probably not been leaked already through data breaches 😣

@scottie75 : Neither are EE or 1 of its Direct partners

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Gerrycoop
Visitor

I've had the sane call today from 07460 617586.  An Indian woman in a call centre, very difficult to understand.  It seemed fishy so I hung up when she wanted information from me.

James_B
EE Community Support Team

That wasn't a genuine call from EE, @Gerrycoop 

You did the right thing in hanging up.

James