cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a call to offer discount

JumBug
Explorer

Hi I just got a call from a number claimiing they can half my bill for the rest of my contract. Apparently it's a discount EE is only offering 200 people and I happen to be one of them. She knew I was getting 40% discount already on my contract. Said she was going to put in an application and send me the details by post. Asked to confirm my address and when she asked for DoB I just knew this didn't seem right. Plus she was very pushy and won't answer my questions about what's the details of this promo, can I check the promo online or go into store to find out more about it. I just knew this wasn't right and ended the call. Anyone else had this

[Mod note : phone number removed as the post is publicly visible] 

33 REPLIES 33
RedMoon21
Visitor

I have received a call twice in recent days from Indian spammers.  They clearly know that I am with EE. What interests me is how they received the list of EE numbers.  Clearly EE or their staff are not abiding to GDPR regulations as the lists are being downloaded and distributed - unfortunately getting into the wrong hands.  

Thank goodness for all the available spammer channels on YouTube, I can recognise the voice of a scammer a mile away and call them out every time.

Number that called me: 020 8066 0218

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @RedMoon21 

No data has been provided to these callers, you can find information in our Online Security: Avoid and Prevent Scams, Help page. 

You can report this call to EE if you text 'CALL' to 7726 followed by a space, then the number that called you, we use the data collected to help protect all of our customers.

Leanne.

Unfortunately I gave some details card details but not security number they keep trying to call me back to get the rest my details what should  i do they have my postcode & debit card number 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @T4188 

If you have provided bank details, please contact your bank and let them know and they can help you. 

If you provided any extra details, please change any passwords for apps/sites using the details you provided to be safe. 

Leanne.

airscholar
Visitor

I just got the same call from this number 01615247650 offering me 40% discount. She claimed to be an EE staff.

@airscholar : That no. is not from EE nor 1 of EE's Direct partners

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
Nadzzboo
Visitor

I also just received the same call today from an Indian accent but all uk numbers.  I was at work so said to call me after 5 thank god I did. It was 4:50pm and my phone started ringing multiple times from different numbers back to back thought well that’s strange EE would never call as if it was so urgent then quickly googled this 40% discount for EE customers and stumbled upon this topic here so happy I did not fall for this scam so disgusting all the numbers they called from :

0121 751 6968

0117 441 8169

0118 211 8762

01972 419617

I had a call just now from +44 161 524 4298.

I gave them my email and while I was on the phone checked this site. 
I’ve reported this number. 

kamalahmed86
Explorer

I just had the same call today. number is 01235 644947. caller didnt seem like he was from the UK, didn't provide any info.

Twari
Explorer

I received the same call today. I was laughing cause she couldn’t tell me why was she calling from a personal phone and the call ended with her telling me not to waste her time, I responded she was a scammer and she hung up. 

don’t fall for this! Even if they ask how much are you paying!