cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Received a call to offer discount

JumBug
Explorer

Hi I just got a call from a number claimiing they can half my bill for the rest of my contract. Apparently it's a discount EE is only offering 200 people and I happen to be one of them. She knew I was getting 40% discount already on my contract. Said she was going to put in an application and send me the details by post. Asked to confirm my address and when she asked for DoB I just knew this didn't seem right. Plus she was very pushy and won't answer my questions about what's the details of this promo, can I check the promo online or go into store to find out more about it. I just knew this wasn't right and ended the call. Anyone else had this

[Mod note : phone number removed as the post is publicly visible] 

31 REPLIES 31
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @JumBug,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

That wasn't a genuine call from EE.

Did you provide the caller with any of your personal details?

James

Hi James, I didn't give my details. Still baffling as to how they knew the contract I had with EE. Are those details shared with 3rd party companies 

What is the no. that called you?

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

I just had the same happen to me, didn't give any personal details other than my fname. 

The phone number was: 020 3404 2320.

Did some digging online and apparently they have called others under different phone company names.

Just had the same call with the 40% discount offer.
Inward Number 020 4599 6815

Gave them my post code and then thought this ain’t right. Hung up. Glad I did. 

I just recieved the same call, when I questioned her on why I'd get a discount so close to upgrade or where she was based, or why she was reading off a card she hung the phone up on me. 

Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @Mschiefx 

You can report this call to EE if you text 'CALL' to 7726 followed by a space, then the number that called you, we use the data collected to help protect all of our customers.

Leanne. 

I've just got a similar call from 01519471713. 

jessy8
Visitor

I just received a similar, asking me how much my bill was and as a valued customer i was going to get a discount. I said why don't you have that info in front of you, they claimed to be form a promotional dept not linked to billing.

Asked again for how much bill was, i said i don't know off hand, Asked to confirm my name, I said you should have that detail in front of you, send me something with EE number on it or email from EE. Asked for my email. I said I'm not giving to you, you should have it. 

Very persistent, and actually argumentative. Sounded like the person was in a call centre.

Had an indian sounding accent, but the call was from a UK number 01904 922653

have reported the number to 7726 as described