cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Strange phone call from EE.. anyone's here experienced?

eenie_mannynuch
Visitor

Hello, someone name Charles called me and asking me for some questions. He speak very fast and I can't catch up..

So I asked him to repeat again then he told me , he the signal break down. Later, I receive an texts from him say;

Hello,
Its Charles from EE Apoligies that I couldn't get hold of you.
We will try again another time.
Kind Regards
Charles Black
EE

Can you guys help me out please... This is a spam call or real EE?

Kr,

Nuch

9 REPLIES 9
Leanne_T
EE Community Support Team

Hi @eenie_mannynuch 

Thanks for coming here. 

This number is showing as Step Change who is one of our Direct Partners, you can view numbers our selected partners will call you from to talk to you about additional products and services, in our What numbers will EE partners call from? Help page. 

If you get a call and from a number not listed, please text CALL followed by the number to 7726 and our security team will get this looked into. 

Leanne.

Why are they phoning tho? I didn't ask for the call so shouldn't be getting it?!

Shouldn't be giving numbers to any partners 

Leanne_T

Hi @MISSYARH 

If you call us on 150, our mobile guides can update your account to stop any marketing calls. 

Leanne.

j_cronin
Visitor

I received a call from this number today. The line was bad and at first I assumed it was spam. The guy asked me security questions even though he'd called me! He asked me why I was still on pay as you go – I felt like I was being interrogated, the tone was completely wrong. I said I was fine with the package I currently have and to call me again in a few months. He said he'd call tomorrow at a better time. The whole thing was just so unprofessional!

Leanne_T

Hi @j_cronin 

Thanks for coming to the community and letting us know. 

If you would like to change your marketing preferences please call us on 150, you can also register your number on the Telephone Preference Service (tpsonline.org.uk) site. 

Leanne.

I keep getting calls also trying to move me to a contract to the point I am considering changing providers as the incessant badgering to change from pay as you go is infuriating. 

I asked multiple times to be taking off call lists as I was not interested in changing from PAYG to a contract and was told that couldn't be done and I would continue to receive calls every few months.

Flavia_1990
Visitor

this has happened to me it's annoying and I don't know if to pick up is it a spam

James_B

What number are you receiving calls from, @Flavia_1990?

James