cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE unwilling to provide what was sold

Greenstick77
Visitor

Hi

Just wondered if anyone had experienced similar mis-selling of broadband services 

I was coming to the end of my BT contract and enquired on prices for an upgrade from the 150Mb contract and was sold an upgrade to EE 500Mb for 60p a month more with a new WiFi6 router.

Excellent, I thought.  Faster speeds and WiFi6 range from the router, what's not to like.  There is no WiFi6 router.  That's what not to like.

2 upgrade sales people and 1 online chat person has confirmed I should have a new router, however the orders team and the complaints team have said I can't have one.

This has been ongoing for 11 days now with false promises of calls back that happen days after I’m advised they will. The information given is inconsistent, saying the WiFi6 router is not compatible with the package I'm on.  Strange then that the WiFi6 router is given to new customers on the same package.

All I keep being told is that the BT Smart hub that I have will do the job but that’s WiFi5. If you were told "pay xx a month and you'll get a Ferrari” and when you complained that it hadn't arrived they said "just keep your fiesta, it does the same job" you'd understandably be annoyed.

it’s been passed to the elusive complaints department who seem to be uncontactable even internally. Several empty promises of calls back and still no progress, it's a pretty poor start.  Never had an issue with BT Broadband but this does not look good for the next 24 months.

The complaints team seems powerless to resolve this issue.  I've enquired about cancelling and moving elsewhere but the earliest anyone can activate a new account is 11th April which will affect home working, I don't see why I should be penalised for EE's poor service and inability to provide what I was sold.

Can anyone offer any advice on how to resolve this?

1 REPLY 1
Beancounter69
Explorer

Very poor service - see my post today of a similar situation of broken promises and inaction.  At least with BT I got responses and action. Beancounter69.