cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EE Mobile Broadband - Feel Like I've Been Taken Advantage Of

dthomps23
Visitor

Snip20240312_28.png

I live in Zone 1 in London, just opposite Liverpool Street Station. I currently use TalkTalk as my home broadband provider and the only thing worse than the internet speeds is the customer service. No broadband providers provide fibre in my area which is shocking considering where I live. Just yesterday I feel I was sold up a river by an EE sales rep with the EE 4G mobile broadband. I can't get 5G because EE doesn't offer 5G in E1.

He said average download speeds would be around 40 mbps and upload speeds of 20mbps and that it was more than enough for numerous devices to work on the network. I understand 'average' is dependent on the network but through my first 12 hours having the device, this is the best upload and download speeds I can get. Surprisingly, I'm worse off now than I was when I was with TalkTalk. I can't even download a 5 second video without the network killing connection to all other devices. Can't even take a Zoom call with my camera on and I've been told 'numerous people could work on this at one time.' What a joke. 

I'm on the top floor of a 4-story building and have the router next to a window. Will my coverage get better as the router stays on longer or is this the best I'm going to get? 

0 REPLIES 0