cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems activating sim

MW25
Explorer

Hi, 

I seem to be going around in circles trying to activate a physical sim after unsuccessful attempt at trying to swap my iPhone 11 to iPhone 13. 
about a month ago I got a new iPhone 13 and when transferring to it from my old iPhone 11 it asked if I want to activate e-sim. Stupidly I pressed yes and since then I’ve been without fully functioning mobile phone. 
Contacted EE - they said they will send me QR code to add data plan. Didn’t work. 
Went to EE shop - they put a new SIM card into my new iPhone 13 but it didn’t work. They sent me home with a promise that it will work within 72 hours. It didn’t.
went back to EE shop. The lady again swapped SIM cards, made calls and said it should work within 24 hours. Again it didn’t.
called EE and said can they just send me a SIM card for my old phone to reactivate it. They did. Put sim in - sim not provisioned. Contacted EE - ah yes we need to activate the sim. Waiting another 24 hours. Nope. Didn’t work. They sent me another sim. Again - ah we need to activate it - round and round we go and nothing is working.
apparently it’s the esim that locked to my number although I’m not sure as I’m not reply getting straight answers from anyone. Is there anyone out there that may have some idea what might be the problem and how to sort it? From reading on internet there might be some settings (APN and PLR) that may have to be checked - has anyone had any dealings with this?
anyone from EE please don’t advise me to call you because I can’t make any calls on my mobile and as I’m stuck at home at the moment I don’t have access to another line. This is also now being dealt with under a complaint so I really don’t want a generic ‘please call EE’ advice thanks. I am looking for someone who knows what they are talking about and how to move this issue forward as this has gone on for a month and I’m pretty much out of patience. 

14 REPLIES 14
James_B
EE Community Support Team

Hi @MW25,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Sorry, we can't access your account via the community to see what is causing the SIM provisioning issues.

Are you in touch with someone from our complaints team?

James

Hi James,
Yes I am or rather I was - it’s all gone very quiet though.. do you have any ideas what might be causing this problem..? From experience I mean. Surely this isn’t the first time something like this has happened..

Sent from my iPhone
James_B

Hi @MW25,

It's very unusual to have the same issue with multiple SIM cards. If you don't receive an update soon, I'd recommend getting back in touch with Technical Support.

James

I don’t know what happened but I’m not getting signal in my phone.  If i pit sim in other phone then it’s working

I want to deactivate esim

James_B

Hi @Venu2,

Welcome to the EE Community. 🙂

Are you using a physical SIM or eSIM?

James

Waynesmith21
Investigator
Investigator

Did you ever get this resolved? I’m having exactly the same issue and EE have been beyond useless. I’ve been without service now for 28 days and it is causing me so many problems, banking, work, medical!

I’m currently gathering all the information of what this issue has cost me and how many times I’ve been lied to by agents about ‘activating’ my sim and ‘waiting 24 hours’. I’m in a fortunate position for free legal help from a family member and they said they have never seen such disregard for something that holds the key to so much information, so we will be properly taking it to them, but for the time being I’m just looking to get my PAK code and take my number elsewhere, but am still being met with ‘I can sort it for you’, with no kind of escalation policy anywhere to be seen, just agents reading off a script!

ive had this account for about 12 years and never experienced anything like it!

Leanne_T

Hi @Waynesmith21 

I am very sorry to hear you are without service. 

Have you been sent a physical SIM card to see if the team can register this for you and then you can download an eSIM in your EE app. 

Leanne.

I’ve been sent 3 so far and all have failed to activate. The store couldn’t get any to activate so I spoke to your tech team, and after making promises that they had activated them, nothing happened.

I have heard about 3 different reasons as to why and had several promises that they had the solution and nothing has worked.

i just need my code to take my number elsewhere, I have requested this from an agent that gave me his email yesterday but have yet to hear back!

Honestly, after over 10 years with EE, I’m mind blown that you can’t get a SIM card to work against my number, and it all started the same as the OP, upgraded my phone and went from eSIM to physical when the eSIM didn’t transfer over