cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Porting to EE on Good Friday / Immediate Termination of Contract with Provider

Daisy_Cartright
Visitor

Hi all.

If I initiate the process of porting my mobile number to EE, on Thursday morning, will the porting be completed on Good Friday?

If it will not, I presume the completion of the porting will be delayed until Tuesday. Should this be the case, I am not willing to wait, and pay unnecessarily for two concurrent contracts over the Easter period (Sat 30 Mar to Tue 2 Apr).

Therefore is there a way to abruptly and immediately terminate my existing contract with my current mobile provider (I am now out of contract), without waiting for EE to process the PAC from my current provider?

Is the STAC process quicker than the PAC (PAC typically takes one working day)?

I appreciate any guidance with my predicament. Thanks in advance for your kind assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, porting is not done over w/ends & Bank Hols.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)
bristolian
Legend
Legend

@Daisy_Cartright wrote:

Hi all.

If I initiate the process of porting my mobile number to EE, on Thursday morning, will the porting be completed on Good Friday?

For additional clarity, it depends what you mean by "initiate the porting" - submitting the PAC or actual porting.

A port-in is usually set for the working day following PAC submission. If you submit a PAC today 28/03, port-in will be set for the following working day which is now Tuesday. Had you submitted your PAC yesterday 27/03, porting would be complete by tonight 28/03.

EE have porting support at weekends for assistance with escalating issues with completed ports, but the port-in process is otherwise paused.

A PAC & STAC take the same amount of time, the only difference is the end result. A PAC terminates your old service and ports your number, a STAC just terminates your old service.