Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a Esim on pay as you go

Dalewingell22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All, 

I have been passed about and been offered a Esim on pay as you go! is this possible. 

I applied for a sim deal on pay monthly and got declined but was then promised that I can get a pay as you go SIM card and then call 150 to change this to a E Sim.

I went down to local EE shop and picked up a SIM card and call 150, apparently I was mislead on sales twice. came home spoke to the team on the phone this is something they don't offer for pay as you go!  There was only promise that it would be coming soon. 

I have now wasted £15 and have two SIM cards but I don't want a second phone ! 

is there a way to change this new sim to a esim ? 

1 SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, not on PAYG with EE. You could switch to a contract.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

View solution in original post

28 REPLIES 28
XRaySpeX
Grand Master
Grand Master

No, not on PAYG with EE. You could switch to a contract.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

not helpful at all ! 

as you can see in my email I have not been able to get a contract due to credit history. 

but been misled into a PAYG sim so is there a work around ? 

very poor information communicated to myself ! 

No! Might not be what you want to hear but it's the fact of the matter with EE. They do not provide eSIMs on PAYG.

I do understand this and I was just asking if there was any other way around (guess not !) 

I have 100% been misled down the wrong path and not good costumer service from support team both on phone and in store . 

Not only I am out of pocket for the new sim also out of pocket for time wasted for being away from work as I am self employ. hence the reason for second number! 

@Dalewingell22   Go back to the store and make the complaint there.   They gave you wrong information for a sale.  

Thanks, I will try this tomorrow. 

Definitely something EE should offer after doing my research there is a big missing gap in the market. 

I was also told by one person it will be coming soon at some point due to the new iPhone not having sim slot in America. 

drzia
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

If you really want an esim with pay as you go, you may look for lyca mobile. recently they started offering esim. Please check the network availability in your area before buying.

Thank you. 

Moskyzz00
Visitor

It’s ridiculous , I cannot get an Esim with EE unless I’m on monthly. 
really thinking to switch to another provider. 
this is just silly

@Moskyzz00  just because a device can support the use of an eSim it doesn’t mean a network has to support that service on all tariff types.