Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a Esim on pay as you go

Dalewingell22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All, 

I have been passed about and been offered a Esim on pay as you go! is this possible. 

I applied for a sim deal on pay monthly and got declined but was then promised that I can get a pay as you go SIM card and then call 150 to change this to a E Sim.

I went down to local EE shop and picked up a SIM card and call 150, apparently I was mislead on sales twice. came home spoke to the team on the phone this is something they don't offer for pay as you go!  There was only promise that it would be coming soon. 

I have now wasted £15 and have two SIM cards but I don't want a second phone ! 

is there a way to change this new sim to a esim ? 

28 REPLIES 28
EEpesimist
Investigator
Investigator

EE is useless at this. I’ve tried the same thing as you.

I’ve learned you can get an PAYG eSim from Lyca Mobile and port your number from EE to Lyca. 

Lyca Mobile operates on EE’s network so you will have now change in service accessibility.

This website shows you companies in the UK offering eSim on PAYG including Lyca:

https://kenstechtips.com/index.php/pay-as-you-go-esims

And this website tells you how to port your number from EE to Lyca Mobile:

https://www.lycamobile.co.uk/en/transfer-your-number/

join me in leaving EE with old school practices. All uk mobile companies should be offering eSim by now.

hope this helps!

@EEpesimist   Care to explain why they should.   Just because a device has a feature it doesn’t mean a network has to support that feature.    

Not all networks have the same features even if  devices do support those features on other networks.      Ie you don’t get Wi-Fi calling on lyca.       

as for porting your number you don’t need to read a website just just need to get your pac and you can do that via text.  Text PAC to 65075 and give that to what ever network you want to move to.   

No I don't care to explain exceptional customer experience design to you, nor the environmental benefits of not producing plastic items that end up polluting the earth.

I'm simply helping the customer get a PAYG e-sim something EE cannot do.

Thanks for highlighting the PAC text service included in the website link to bypass call centers that try to persuade you to stay.  The text pac code route is the best way to enable customers to escape companies not willing to listen to their customer needs.

@EEpesimist wrote:

The text pac code route is the best way to enable customers to escape companies not willing to listen to their customer needs.

As mandated by OFCOM!

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

@EEpesimist   So there is no reason other that you just want to use an eSim.   As for not polluting the earth you break the sim and put in your recycling waste.     

Igs_opm
Explorer

I can get u a pay as u go esim

@Igs_opm   Not on EE can’t.  And as this is a public forum if anyone reaches out to you to make this possible on EE should should actually trust you.   You don’t represent EE and this your very first post on here.   

Yoko
Visitor

Hi

You can get eSIM Pay as you go at Heathrow Airport (It may be special pack for travelers but would be worth to try). It starts from 30 pounds including EU roaming and seems to be little bit expensive. But once expiration date arrives, you can top it up as same as standard Pay As You Go pack.

Good Luck

It just having the SIM card stored on your phone, so it should be standard… support all or not 🤷‍♀️🙈 

I converted a talk talk sim on my iPhone 15… which I only pay £3 a month 🤷‍♀️🙈 

Come on EE… there are still lots of visitors that want pay as you go… buy a pack and it’s great as a second line… 

stephend
Investigator
Investigator

As soon as Apple eliminates the SIM card slot on UK iPhones like they have in the US, EE will all-of-a-sudden offer esims to PAYG customers.

BTW I have a US iPhone and went from PM to PAYG and so now enjoy a PAYG phone with an esim.  They can do it in a shop for you if they are so inclined.