Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

looking for a Esim on pay as you go

Dalewingell22
Investigator
Investigator

Hi All, 

I have been passed about and been offered a Esim on pay as you go! is this possible. 

I applied for a sim deal on pay monthly and got declined but was then promised that I can get a pay as you go SIM card and then call 150 to change this to a E Sim.

I went down to local EE shop and picked up a SIM card and call 150, apparently I was mislead on sales twice. came home spoke to the team on the phone this is something they don't offer for pay as you go!  There was only promise that it would be coming soon. 

I have now wasted £15 and have two SIM cards but I don't want a second phone ! 

is there a way to change this new sim to a esim ? 

28 REPLIES 28
Thank u

opm igs 4u
mikeact
Investigator
Investigator

Easy   eSIM.me   It's a regular sim but acts as an eSim for around half dozen numbers.

Wrong, use      eSIM.me    easy

@mikeact : Right! I said with EE, not somebody else.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)

You use the eSIM.me with ee.....easy. 

EEpesimist
Investigator
Investigator

Thought you guys would laugh at this.

So... I went to an EE shop in London and they told me the same **bleep** story you can all recount them telling you... you cannot have an eSIM on PAYG.  If you upgrade to a 30 day contract you can.

So I just said yes as my US iPhone does not have a SIM tray and I do hate plastic and the hundreds of tonnes of waste telecommunication companies produce in SIM cards

They gave me a replacement eSIM pack and sent me on my way.

When I logged into my account after activating my eSIM I saw they had not put me on a 30 day contact but has just put my PAYG account onto an eSIM.  It works!  There is no reason why EE don't issue eSIMs other than policy as the technology works perfectly.

Anyone reading this at EE, please stop bull**bleep**ting your customers and just tell us you have chosen not to issue eSIMs to PAYG customers as you probably are trying to use up millions of plastic SIM cards you have produced to pollute the world and want to force customers into a contract as you see that as a stickier, more secure / profitable customer than PAYG.

Don't believe their lies, they can issue you an eSIM if they wanted.  I am living proof!

@EEpesimist  It takes up to 24 hours for your account to change over to a new tariff type.     And as you say you did change over to a 30 day rolling contract.    

Like you said, with US phones a lot don’t have a physical SIM. It’s poor customer service that they don’t allow eSIM for pay as you go and means they will have lost revenue.

Tony

& anyway a PAYG a/c can't include a contract no. They don't mix. It'll need a separate a/c.

If you think I helped please feel free to hit the "Thumbs Up" button below.

To phone EE CS: Dial Freephone +44 800 079 8586 - Option 1 for Mobile Phone & Mobile Broadband or Option 2 for Home Broadband & Home Phone

ISPs: 1999: Freeserve 48K Dial-Up => 2005: Wanadoo 1 Meg BB => 2007: Orange 2 Meg BB => 2008: Orange 8 Meg LLU => 2010: Orange 16 Meg LLU => 2011: Orange 20 Meg WBC => 2014: EE 20 Meg WBC => 2020: EE 40 Meg FTTC => 2022: EE 80 Meg FTTC (no landline number)